Default Mountain buggy terrain vs. MB Urban Jungle vs. BOB revolution??

I am trying to decide between these three strollers. I will be a first time mom and I am very active. I like to hike and run on trails. I live in an area that doesn't have sidewalks and the roads are in ok condition. I am 5'3 and my husband is 5'9. Has anyone used them and what do you think?

I have the MBUJ (older NZ-made model), and I love it. We use it for walking though, not running, and the 3 wheels will be a little less stable on rocky, uneven trails (we also have a MB double, which is 4 wheels, and it is a tank. goes over everything without tipping). I am 5'7" and my husband is 5'11" and we both find the MB very comfortable to push with the adjustable handle.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

I had a MB Swift and have a Bob revolution. Not quite a direct comparison and not quite what you are looking at. I am very happy with my bob and was never quite happy with my swift. Both are very sturdy well made strollers. I love the Bob canopy. I don't know how the other MB canopies compare--the Swift's was not as good. And I had a hard time selling my Swift. MB's don't seem to hold their value for resale like Bob's do. The Bob does not have an adjustable handlebar so of that is important to you it is a point in favor of the terrain (does the urban jungle have it too?).

Catherine

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't think you can wrong with BOB. I had a Terrain and BOB Revolution (liked the BOB but prefer Mountain Buggies) and both were great. But the BOB cost is lower, and the resale is much better. If you needed a tall handle or they were the same price, I would go with the Terrain; but since neither is the case I'd get a BOB Revolution. Seems like it would be a good match for your outdoor lifestyle. And I wouldn't consider the Urban, it has all 12" tires so it's not as rugged as the BOB or Terrain with their 16" back tires.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee31 View Post
    I don't think you can wrong with BOB. I had a Terrain and BOB Revolution (liked the BOB but prefer Mountain Buggies) and both were great. But the BOB cost is lower, and the resale is much better. If you needed a tall handle or they were the same price, I would go with the Terrain; but since neither is the case I'd get a BOB Revolution. Seems like it would be a good match for your outdoor lifestyle. And I wouldn't consider the Urban, it has all 12" tires so it's not as rugged as the BOB or Terrain with their 16" back tires.
    This is my thought as well.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee31 View Post
    Love my BOB Revo. Have had the older version and the newer and the Duallie. Cannot go wrong with BOB

We have a BOB Revolution double. It's fantastic!

Love my Bob Revo!
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Thank you everyone! It seems like both are good. I am leaning towards the MB but am looking for a store that carries the Mountain Buggy in the Boston North Shore area so that I can compare the two. I guess they aren't as popular as the BOB.
    Last edited by lakefr; 01-05-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Thank You,
    I will eliminate the Urban from my list.