erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default NYC with an almost 10 year old? Suggestions please

We're going on a somewhat last minute trip to NYC next week. (Have known about it for about 10 days). I used to go there a LOT so am comfortable getting around, but still need ideas of what to do/where to eat on this trip.

Details - have 2+ days that are mostly free. Looking for any other fun ideas of what to do/where to eat. We're staying at the Hilton Midtown (nowhere near my first choice of location *or* hotel but we have to stay there). Already booked/planned:

* Brunch with American Girl doll (DD is totally excited about this)
    * The Ride
    * Top of the Rock (no tickets in advance, so far - will we regret not doing this? don't really want to have to lock a time in) and walking around Rock Center (tree, rink, etc)
    * Mom/daughter mani/pedi. (If you happen to have a fav place in that area, please share!)

For restaurant suggestions - DD is very picky, and stays mostly to 'kid friendly'. DH isn't much better - so no 'foodie' places will work .

Thanks in advance!

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Radio City Rockettes
    Museum of Natural History
    Metropolitan Museum of Art (their Xmas tree is gorgeous)!

I would hit the TKTS booth and see if you can get a deal on tickets for Annie, Cinderella, or Newsies. The Lion King is amazing if you have not already seen it, but I do not recall ever seeing tickets for it at the TKTS booth.

For food, I would suggest Shake Shack for burgers, etc. (theater district location) and Don Antonio (Neapolitan pizza, delicious to both foodies and non). Would they go for Esca (upper mid-range Italian, but DD could get pasta and DH could get basic fish)?

Dress warm!
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the additional suggestions! We will keep those in mind.

Was thinking about Steak Shack. Thanks for confirming - may take DD there the night DH and I have a late dinner. We now have dinners (Del Frisco and Quality Meats) our two free nights with others so are set there.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typing errors I've made, and auto correct 'fixes' I missed.

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Second to the Museum of Natural History and the Met -- and Shake Shack.
    What about ice skating in Central Park at Wollman Rink? Very fun
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08