Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default No flames please: can I use the Versa for a newborn??

We have narrowed down the stroller search to the BJ Versa or City Mini GT. I just found out the Versa is only for 6 months and up!? I am crushed as I thought it could be the perfect stroller. Here is where I am confused - when anyone asks the question of what are you to do until 6 months, the answer is either 1) buy the expensive bassinet or 2) use the carseat adapter. Okay... so the much more squishy infant seat is somehow better than the relatively decent recline on the Versa? That just seems counter-intuitive. Plus the recline on the Versa seems about the same as the recline on most infant items (swings, bouncy seats, etc.). What am I missing?

Or should I just get the City Mini GT and get over the reversible seat of the Versa?? I do like the City Mini, so I can't say I would be crushed, but there are so many advantages to the Versa (huge basket, reversible seat, etc.) that I will miss with the Mini.

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Get the Versa. My DS2 was 3 months when I got mine and I used it right away with him. I had a snuzzler but didn't use it as he looked fine without. So get a snuzzler in case. Are you planning to use a stroller alot during the first few months? I wore my baby mostly then so I didn't use a stroller. I found it much easier to keep up with my older DS while wearing the baby. The Britax bassinet also fits the Versa. I had a bassinet for my Indie Twin but my DS hated it. I would put a baby younger than 6 months in the Versa.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes, get the versa. The 6 month thing comes from UK standards which that they baby be lying totally flat for the first 6 months - everyone uses bassinets over there apparently.

The Versa should be fine with a snuzzler - love my versa!

I already have the Versa at home waiting for my April baby and was planning to get the Britax bassinet with the carseat adapters (since we will be getting a bSafe seat as well so it will be good for both). Still debating though if I really need it, DD had terrible reflux and used the bassinet once :/
    My sweet and curly haired DD 4
    ...and expecting someone new mid April 2014

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd probably get the snugseat insert from uppababy. It has a wedge to help lesson the bucket part of the seat. I would definitely use the Versa from the start though. I would use a car seat adapter for ease of use or else just right in the seat. I always skipped the bassinet because both of my boys had reflux.

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Love my versa and plan on using it well before 6 months with a snuzzler . I will probably get a britax bassinet though to use for the first couple of months.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

Would a boppy pillow fit in the bassinet? I was reading reviews on Amazon and someone said they did and it worked out great.. Just thinking in case of reflux.
    My sweet and curly haired DD 4
    ...and expecting someone new mid April 2014

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Would the Uppababy Snugseat fit in the Versa? DD used the Vista seat at barely 3 months with just a snuzzler. I haven't seen the Versa in person, but if the recline is similar, I'd be fine using it with a newborn with a snuzzler or snug seat. I would not change my choice of stroller for that, anyway.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Uppababy snugseat does fit the Versa!