Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need Crib Input

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another vote for a budget crib. We did the Ikea Gulliver as well and loved it! And congrats!!!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Yet another vote for an IKEA crib. We got a nice $400 Munire crib for our first and the sides are all chewed up now. . I don't know if I am going to want to covert it to a big bed when the time comes. Had to get a second crib since my last two kids are close in age. We went with an IKEA crib and have been happy!

Thank you for all the input! Wow, Ikea seems to be the preferred choice. The chewing thing makes a lot of sense. I guess we'll have to bite the bullet and brave a trip to Ikea!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood View Post
    Thank you for all the input! Wow, Ikea seems to be the preferred choice. The chewing thing makes a lot of sense. I guess we'll have to bite the bullet and brave a trip to Ikea!
    They have teething rails at IKEA too. We had them, though ours were never chewers. They're dirt cheap and may help with resale if your kid ends up being a chewer.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

More love for the IKEA Gulliver crib. It has been awesome for DS2, and we just converted it to the toddler bed this weekend, and it is great. I was thinking "All this for $100! For some cribs you have to pay that much for the conversion kit!"
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    More love for the IKEA Gulliver crib. It has been awesome for DS2, and we just converted it to the toddler bed this weekend, and it is great. I was thinking "All this for $100! For some cribs you have to pay that much for the conversion kit!"
    I know, seriously! AND, the assembly and conversion is SO easy. Also, we discovered that the crib fits through a standard doorway without disassembling!! That was an awesome find when we were moving, changing rooms, etc. The only time we disassembled it was when we sold them on CL and they needed to fit into the trunk of a sedan!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

When I had DD1 I never would have even thought about an Ikea crib I probably would have gone with the basic Pottery Barn Kids crib that was about $300-$400 at the time (we used a hand me down crib that met current standards in 2006 for my girls born in 06 and 10), but with DD2 and after spending more time here on the BBB I definitely would have considered it. I saw one of the Ikea cribs in black the other day when I was there and it looked really nice. Another option would be the Babyletto or Baby Mod brand, which they sell at Wal Mart.com (or they did in 2010 when DH's cousin bought one there; I can't remember if Babyletto or BabyMod is the designer brand, but one is more expensive, and the other one is the knockoff so double check, but the knockoff looked like a designer crib).

as well as I am originally from the Sacramento area. I love how people in Sacramento don't like trekking places, like Ikea because it is the otherside of the Sacramento River. I grew up in Woodland and we had friends who didn't like to go over the Yolo bypass to Sacramento so I do get it. He he. Enjoy crib shopping and your new little one.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another one for Ikea here - we have a Gulliver and love it! Have also seen an adorable pin where in her child's room a woman took off the front of the crib as if turning it into the toddler bed version, painted the lower half a bright color, upholstered the mattress with cute fabric, added a pillow and made it their reading nook. Can't wait to steal that idea!

Also, think about the Sundvik crib depending on your room layout: we had originally chosen that style because the solid ends would have blocked the light from the door when it was opened during the night. My hubby grabbed the wrong box but no harm, no foul.

ETA: Ikea also sells rail covers for teething on cribs specifically. Totally worth it!!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Default Silver Line America in BUSINESS?

Hi,
    Does anyone know if SILVERLINEAMERICA is still around? Their email address, [email protected], and phone number on the side of the crib do not work. The email bounces and the phone number does not work.
    Style: BC-266AMC2

Their phone number is not working: 1-888-618-6288.
    Email address: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by jtaylor View Post
    I just looked at the two Restore & Restyle cribs at my local Target this evening. After much searching around the crib and box, I finally found the name of the manufacturer: Silver Line America. www.silverlineamerica.net. Target doesn't make it obvious who the manufacturer is. There was a label on the bottom inside of one of the assembled cribs that gave an email address for customer support and assembly help, so I figured out the manufacturer from that. The manufacturer's website gives product details for the two cribs and one changing table.

Jenny

Default Ikea Toddler Rail

Do the Ikea cribs come with toddler rails?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast