Default Need help with double stroller please

DD is 3 and 35 lbs and we are using BJCM single and she loves her stroller and we mainly use it for malls, parks, and other outings. DS is 2 1/2 months and we are using graco infant snugride 30 car seat along with its stroller. I haven't been out with both on my own so far. DH will push DD and I push DS when we do go out. But I do see more outings coming up with the two on my own and I think double stroller will come in handy. I'm looking for something that I can use with both until they are done with stroller pretty much.

I'm trying to decide between side by side or inline double stroller ? Any recommendation on your favorite brands will be great.

I'd do a side by side stroller the other kind is hard to push. We have the city mini double and love it. It reclines a lot so your littlest would be okay in it.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

hehehehe. i was going to say go with an inline and optional 2nd seat. like the britax be ready or the baby jogger city select. if you really want a stroller you can use as a double and then until the baby is done with strollers. (as i'm sure you will need a stroller longer for the younger baby). i actually love my Phil and Teds inline double, but its not as popular around here.

eta: i say inline because i thought the baby jogger city mini double i rented at WDW was harder to push and maneuver then the inline P&T.

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Generally, side by sides are easier to push than inlines but not always. Air tires make a difference. I think my Mountain Buggy plus one is easier to push than the BJCMGT double I had. But I had an Indie twin that I loved and was super easy to push, but it was bulky to fold and put in the car. Side by sides are great if you have 2 full time riders and use it a lot. If you only sometimes need a 2nd seat, I like inlines better because they're more versatile and you're not pushing a wide, half-empty stroller.

Do you plan on keeping your single BJCM as well? What is your budget? The B-ready is pretty popular because it's not super expensive and pretty easy to push with 2 riders. You can also use a carseat in either the top or bottom seat position. but the 2nd seat has a 35 lb weight limit I believe, as do most 2nd seats on inline strollers. So you probably need to always put your oldest in the main seat because it has a higher weight limit. The Baby Jogger City Select has a 45 lb weight limit on each full-sized seat, but some people find it harder to push, especially with their older & heavier child out front. Right now is a good time to buy a Select or City mini regular or gt double because some retailers have the 2013 models discounted.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

I love, love, love my Valco Snap Dual. Never had an inline so can't compare there. I love that it's just a little over 20 lbs so easy for me to get in and out of the car by myself (I'm a weakling!). I walk my 2.5 yr old and 3 month old to her playgroup several times a week on bricked sidewalks and it handles great both with and without the toddler. It reclines almost flat and I've had DD2 in it since the week she was born with a snuzzler and the valco infant bootie. The infant bootie isn't necessary but it makes the seat very bassinet-like.

I'm actually also thinking about britax b ready versus the BJCM double. I'm not sure how much longer our 3 year old DD will ride on the stroller, but I know will need it for occasional strolling at the park, malls, etc. I take a look at the P&T and I love it, but it's beyond my budget

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    hehehehe. i was going to say go with an inline and optional 2nd seat. like the britax be ready or the baby jogger city select. if you really want a stroller you can use as a double and then until the baby is done with strollers. (as i'm sure you will need a stroller longer for the younger baby). i actually love my Phil and Teds inline double, but its not as popular around here.

eta: i say inline because i thought the baby jogger city mini double i rented at WDW was harder to push and maneuver then the inline P&T.

I don't plan on keeping the BJCM single. Budget is about $350 or so. DD is 35 lbs now but by the time her brother reaches that 35 lbs, she will no longer in the stroller I believe. I'm actually more keen to have a stroller that is more flexible like you said, not always having to push double because I may not have two full-time rider all the time, but just need it occasionally when we travel or go to the mall, parks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee31 View Post
    Generally, side by sides are easier to push than inlines but not always. Air tires make a difference. I think my Mountain Buggy plus one is easier to push than the BJCMGT double I had. But I had an Indie twin that I loved and was super easy to push, but it was bulky to fold and put in the car. Side by sides are great if you have 2 full time riders and use it a lot. If you only sometimes need a 2nd seat, I like inlines better because they're more versatile and you're not pushing a wide, half-empty stroller.

Do you plan on keeping your single BJCM as well? What is your budget? The B-ready is pretty popular because it's not super expensive and pretty easy to push with 2 riders. You can also use a carseat in either the top or bottom seat position. but the 2nd seat has a 35 lb weight limit I believe, as do most 2nd seats on inline strollers. So you probably need to always put your oldest in the main seat because it has a higher weight limit. The Baby Jogger City Select has a 45 lb weight limit on each full-sized seat, but some people find it harder to push, especially with their older & heavier child out front. Right now is a good time to buy a Select or City mini regular or gt double because some retailers have the 2013 models discounted.

Which P&T were you interested in? There is one Navigator on wayfair clearance for $250, 50% off. http://www.wayfair.com/philandteds-N...clearance=true
    And I'm sure you could find a 2nd seat for $100 or less (They're currently $120 on Amazon but cheaper on ebay).

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface

It wad $250 when I looked at it few minutes ago, nite it's $499
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee31 View Post
    Which P&T were you interested in? There is one Navigator on wayfair clearance for $250, 50% off. http://www.wayfair.com/philandteds-N...clearance=true
    And I'm sure you could find a 2nd seat for $100 or less (They're currently $120 on Amazon but cheaper on ebay).

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Someone else may have bought it or maybe just in their cart.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface