Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Christmas Hits and Misses!

I know it's still early in the day to start this but my dc are all off playing and I'm bored!

Hits for us :
    One Direction Tickets, girls were over the moon!
    Furby booms, so cute but they have not stopped talking since 6 am . I actually just sat and sang one a lullaby to try and get it to doze off.
    Skylander Swap Force, DS has been asking for this since it came out.
    Walkie Talkies from Grandpa, A nice set of three . Range of 23 miles!
    Pottery Barn Bean Bag

Misses :
    Books, Santa brought a bunch we already had
    American Girl doll, I think my younger dd likes the idea of these but just doesn't really play with them much anymore.
    Hair dryers, stupid of me to think either girl would think that was a neat gift !

My younger dd really wanted a Zoomer and I couldn't find one. She is planning on buying it with some $ she received. Any reviews on it ?

Ann

The stupid Glowpet is the biggest hit of our morning! Oh, and her 1st nail polish (pink and purple) that were in her stocking. I fully expect the light-up, sparking scooter to jump to the top of the list once we go outside to play (still kind of tired right now.)
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My daughter has been playing with Zoomer all morning. It is not as easy to play with as she thought, but she loves it and is trying to learn all the commands. I got ours at Kohls with a coupon and kohls cash for less than $50 all said and done.

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD is 2 yrs old

Big hits: Princess Klip Klop stable, Calico Critters Oakwood home and rabbit family, mini piano, Bitty Baby and the crib/changing table.

Misses: Big hugs Elmo - hates him.

We still have a few more to open when Grandma and DH get back from dealing with the horses and DD wakes up.

The only problem is that she loves climbing in and out of the bitty baby crib, but it carried over to her real crib and she climbed out for the first time ever before her nap! Luckily I was there to grab her, but does this mean I need a toddler bed?
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

So far, only DH, DD, and I have opened presents.

DD, nearly 10yo:
    Hits:
    Diary of a Wimpy Kid (the new one--Hard Luck?). She hasn't stopped reading it yet.
    Oregon Ducks blanket
    Oregon Ducks Puddles hat (he's the mascot, she's a football nut)

Jury is out:
    The AG doll that she picked out online! Seriously?! The ONE THING you have begged for all year long!?!
    Rainbow Loom. I think she just doesn't "get" it yet. We live in a small town that is VERY behind on trends, so no one is wearing them at school yet.

Misses:
    Electric razor. Kid is pale-skinned with dark hair. I've been shaving her for 8 months or so, because I don't trust her with a razor. She's been begging to do it herself, so this was my compromise. She's not impressed. This could become a "hit" though, once she actually does it and doesn't have to wait for me to find the time to shave her legs for her.

DH, 41yo:
    Hits:
    Perry Ellis sweater (from Ross Dress for Less, LOL). SCORE!
    Target sweater (on great sale). SCORE!
    Tickets to a musical for this weekend--Beauty and the Beast--and dinner at Red Lobster (dinner thanks to my auntie). SCORE!

Misses:
    None! That was all he got. LOL.

Me, 34yo:
    Hits:
    Sapphire and emerald bracelet. GORGEOUS!
    Contact lens case so that I may actually take my contacts out on occasion!
    Scrabble. DD is finally getting old enough to play, and DH and I LOVE to play it together on our phones, so I'm excited to play more!

Misses:
    Nothing!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

HipMama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DS(6):
    Hits
    Over the door basketball hoop set
    Flying iron man toy
    Bow and arrow target set thingy
    Pack of Tank top undershirts (like daddy)

Misses
    Magnatiles (maybe a hit after the newness of the other stuff wears off. I've been playing with them and they are FUN!)
    New booster seat

DD (3)
    Hits:
    Bitty Baby and accessories
    Chapstick/lip gloss
    Doc McStuffins toy

Misses
    Books
    Clothes

DD (7.5)

Biggest hit: whoopie cushion

DS (4)

Hits : Legos
    Misses: everything else (I'm sure that will change)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    I know it's still early in the day to start this but my dc are all off playing and I'm bored!

Hits for us :
    One Direction Tickets, girls were over the moon!
    Furby booms, so cute but they have not stopped talking since 6 am . I actually just sat and sang one a lullaby to try and get it to doze off.
    Skylander Swap Force, DS has been asking for this since it came out.
    Walkie Talkies from Grandpa, A nice set of three . Range of 23 miles!
    Pottery Barn Bean Bag

Misses :
    Books, Santa brought a bunch we already had
    American Girl doll, I think my younger dd likes the idea of these but just doesn't really play with them much anymore.
    Hair dryers, stupid of me to think either girl would think that was a neat gift !

My younger dd really wanted a Zoomer and I couldn't find one. She is planning on buying it with some $ she received. Any reviews on it ?

Ann
    Ooh can you link to the walkie talkies please? I was looking for a set of 3.

Hits here so far are Legos, Legos, play kitchen, Spiderman costume, and joke book. Too early to know misses yet.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For my kids (2.5 and almost 4) the Magna-Tiles (as well as the Playmags which is magnatiles knockoff) were a HUGE hit. With exception of half hour for eating breakfast they pretty much played with them for 4 hours straight..even while talking to the grands over skype..lol. they both really liked them. I got 270 pc total and I'm glad..100pc would not have been enough for both. As expected DS really loved the Playmags that had "trains".

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Ooh can you link to the walkie talkies please? I was looking for a set of 3.

Hits here so far are Legos, Legos, play kitchen, Spiderman costume, and joke book. Too early to know misses yet.
    Here is the link :
    http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MH230...walkie+talkies

Ann

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast