Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    I would skip both alternatives. We knows many parents who don't do hot dog products at all, cut or not, because of nitrates etc. and it just isn't something fed at parties here. I'd do chicken fingers if you want meat or cheese for protein with the young age group and turkey.
    I understand--we only eat the nitrite and nitrate free turkey dogs here. I served them at DS2's party (super dogs for the super hero party) and everyone raved about them.

I'll probably cook nuggets and try to keep them warm in the crockpot.
    Last edited by KpbS; 12-30-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: typo

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

May I throw another wrench in here? I have a child who is allergic to dairy, wheat, eggs and if he was to come to the pigs in a blanket party, he'd have nothing to eat. He can only eat hot dogs with no buns. But of course, I usually bring his own food so ppl like me should not be part of the consideration.
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

Quote Originally Posted by bigsis View Post
    May I throw another wrench in here? I have a child who is allergic to dairy, wheat, eggs and if he was to come to the pigs in a blanket party, he'd have nothing to eat. He can only eat hot dogs with no buns. But of course, I usually bring his own food so ppl like me should not be part of the consideration.
    that can't be fun. but, in 5 years, we've had zero FA kids at our parties. I assume the OP isn't expecting any either. FWIW, I'd definitely make alternate plans if there was anyone with FA's at our parties.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

The only FA kiddos there will be mine. DS1 is also allergic to wheat, eggs, milk, nuts, etc. and DD is allergic to milk. It's tricky for sure. That's one of the reasons I was thinking hot dogs b/c they are non-dairy, non-egg, and can be wheat free w/o the bun. My kiddos are the odd ones as they haven't had traditional kid foods like mac and cheese, nuggets (DS2 maybe once), ravioli, etc. We bring our own food to parties and try to bring comparable things so the kids don't feel as left out of the fun.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by bigsis View Post

My ds was allergic to milk and is still allergic to strawberry, mango and apple. I just always brought his food. It's way too hard to rely on other people who may not understand food labels and food allergies. Every parent with a food allergy kid I have ever known insists (politely) on bringing their own food. I do avoid serving peanut butter at parties because it is sticky and smears everywhere.

Catherine

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Maybe just do a cold cuts platter? Turkey, ham? You could have a cheese plate as well for those that might not eat meat. Then just have small rolls on the side that parents can put the meat (or cheese) into and hand off to their children.... or the kids can just grab some rolled up turkey and munch. When my boys were 2 or 3 they would have been thrilled with some rolled up turkey (might have eaten the roll separate on it's own) ... couple of pieces of fruit and maybe a few crackers, we could call it lunch! I have a feeling that the chicken nuggets might not be all that easy to keep warm.

How did the party go?
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    How did the party go?
    Thanks for asking! It's next weekend so I've still got some time.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    How did the party go?
    We had a great party! DD was thrilled that all of her friends were there.

I made a huge chicken pasta salad (bowties, chicken, roasted veggies, etc.), hummus, and another dip. I ended up doing pizza for the little people for ease, fruit kabobs, pretzels, and of course, cupcakes. This venue is really easy because there are chairs for the adults, tables and chairs for the kiddos, and a play space for them after eating.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    We had a great party! DD was thrilled that all of her friends were there.

I made a huge chicken pasta salad (bowties, chicken, roasted veggies, etc.), hummus, and another dip. I ended up doing pizza for the little people for ease, fruit kabobs, pretzels, and of course, cupcakes. This venue is really easy because there are chairs for the adults, tables and chairs for the kiddos, and a play space for them after eating.

Glad it all went well!

Catherine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2