Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I agree with the vote for Puerto Rico. It's where we have been going in February for reliably great weather. However this year we haven't been able to find any good flight prices so it's a no-go for us.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Hawaii? Long flight, but in the US for medical care and I think the weather should be good. I have been that tie of year, but my quick google looked okay.

Catherine

SW Florida might be worth a look--I've not been yet, but have semi-stalking the trip advisor forum to learn about the area. A colleague raves about Sanibel. Marco Island might be worth a look too, it's as far south as you can get on SW coast. Key Biscayne is very nice, but might not be warm enough for you.

SW Florida might be worth a look--I've not been yet, but have semi-stalking the trip advisor forum to learn about the area. A colleague raves about Sanibel. Marco Island might be worth a look too, it's as far south as you can get on SW coast. Key Biscayne is very nice, but might not be warm enough for you.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We went to Cape Coral FL in February 2 years ago and the weather was fantastic.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Hi,
    OP here. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will look into some of these. I would LOVE Hawaii, but I think that that is too expensive and 'big' right now. But ohhh, this thread is making me realize how much I want a fun getaway vacation.
    I'm not sure that my parents will go for PR or Virgin Islands - they don't travel much these days so will probably be conservative and want to stay mainland, but I will ask.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    And if others have more thoughts, please feel free to chime in.

It might not be HOT, but Florida will be warmer than home. Maybe a place that's relatively easy logistics-wise would make it possible to spring for a fancier resort (one with kids stuff). GL.

cagey is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We go to AnnaMaria Island (Sarasota area) every January and typically its warm enough for the kids (and the Europeans, ha) to swim. I dip my toes, but that's it. Def. warm enough to sunbathe! Its my perfect weather -- 80's in the day, 60's at night, almost no humidity.

Not sure of the resorts, but know there's a nice big hotel in Tampa/Clearwater that has a big outdoor pool area.

Good Florida intel on this thread. http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...ighlight=marco

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love Florida in the winter. With kids there are lots of fun things to do in the palm beach area assuming your kids like animals. There is a zoo, an animal refuge, a turtle sanctuary and a safari park. I think someone already mentioned the breakers which is great. There are also other luxury hotels just south of palm beach on the ocean including the four seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast