Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've found that taking 3000mg of evening primrose oil softgels twice a day during my period, in conjunction with taking 600mg of ibuprofen before bed helps curb my cramps. Occasionally, I need another dose (usually in the morning before work) which I take - plus half a cup of coffee. In my head, it speeds delivery, whether it's a real effect or not.

Additionally, I find mine are worst when I'm stressed and dehydrated, so I try really hard to stay hydrated. The stress, on the other hand, I can't always manage.

OP - have you met with your gyno yet?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

robinsmommy is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I finally had a doctor teach me about period pain management after years of horrible periods (I ruined the lining of my stomach in high school on Advil - I can honestly say that for me, natural labor pains were not that much worse than a bad period).

When you get PMS symptoms or start spotting, (if you can - sounds tricky for you just now), start your ibuprofen then (I think Motrin is ibuprofen) - don't wait for the pain to hit to start the meds. If I take it then, and keep taking it at the maximum dose, it really keeps things bearable for me - otherwise I have sleepless nights from the pain. Be careful to take it with food so you don't trash your stomach.

And my other trick (this may be TMI). Orgasms help. Really. And if hubby won't work with you at those times, um, well, there are ways around that. The Dr. recommended this one as well, and I was surprised how much better things are for me now.

But definitely get things checked at the next visit- hope all is ok in that regard.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I met with him and I totally forgot to talk to him about it. I just shot him an email. I think I'm losing my mind. I canceled my first appointment so I could take my mother to her chemo appt. I forgot about it with all the stuff going on.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Me personally, when I have cycle issues, I go to a Napro physician: http://www.naprotechnology.com

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have noticed a huge help by using doTERRA's Clary Calm blend. It comes in a roller bottle and I just rub some on my lower belly about 3x a day, a day or two before AF arrives, and then during AF. It helps more than any tea or heating pad, etc., and is not cumbersome and is small enough (size of a bottle of mascara) to just carry easily. If you have more questions about it, PM me. It's become one of my favorite doTERRA blends.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I will pm you. I'm still so irregular, that I wouldn't know I when to apply it.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    I will pm you. I'm still so irregular, that I wouldn't know I when to apply it.
    Even applying it, during your period will help. I always try to apply it a day or two before I think my period is coming, b/c I think it helps with PMS too.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2