Default I hate the G-Luxe, going for the Globetrotter

I know I'm going to create quite the stir for badmouthing the beloved G-Luxe, but hear me out.

I have a 2011 G-Luxe, 2012 Volo, and an Inglesina Trip. I used to own an Avio. I currently use the G-Luxe and Volo on a regular basis.

I want to love the G-Luxe, I really do, but here are my problems with it, for whatever it's worth:
    - DS easily unlatches the buckle. He is 23 mos old and undoes it the instant I put him in the stroller. It's frustrating and dangerous, and when I called Uppa for a suggestion, they had nothing to offer and said others have called with the same problem. They were nice, though!
    - It feels cheap. I think I am spoiled by the Volo. Maclarens just feel super sturdy and well made to me. I know there are die-hard Mac lovers out there. I get it now!
    - The hood and cup holder are always falling off when I fold and unfold it.
    - The footrest is always wonky when I unfold it, and I have to readjust it every time.
    - The wheels squeak, even shortly after applying WD40.
    - I removed the seat pad because it was always falling down.

I'm done! In some ways it's a great stroller - the UV hood, the push, the lightweight...but the cons outweigh the pros for me.

I went to the Mac store today and discovered you can turn in your old Mac (in my case the Volo) and get 30% off a new one! Pretty sweet! And they recycle the old one. I'm signed up for a black Globetrotter when they're back in stock. I couldn't be happier.

Just sharing because it's been a while since I posted. I love to geek out on this stuff.
    One DS, three strollers! Uppababy G-luxe, a Volo at Grandma's, Inglesina Trip at Auntie's (& pining for a Snap I don't need). Adjusting to car travel in his new Britax Boulevard.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think it's great that there are so many options for all the different likes and dislikes and needs people have. I'm a diehard G-Luxe lover, but I have never had any of the issues with mine that you've had...except the squeaky wheels which they promptly replaced. And I know there are lots of diehard Cybex fans out here as well. Glad they have a well made strollers to love too. And that's so awesome you can trade your Mac in and they'll recycle it. And give you a discount. Very nice. Hope your new stroller comes in quickly.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

I have never had an uppa of any kind. My neighbor who loved her vista was not impressed with the g-luxe at all in store. She ended up buying my Cybex onyx when I was done with it and loves it. I did too--thought it was a great full featured umbrella. For all the strollers I have had, I never did have a Mac. Hope you love the globetrotter.

Catherine