Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've never done it, but...my kids used to go to school in Park City. My son's class was tracking the Iditarod race one winter. During that unit the teacher, who had connections with the dog sledding in Park City, invited one of the operators to bring in a team of dogs to show the class what the dogs are like, what they do, ... I happened to be there that day, so I got to see some very happy and energetic dogs. Those dogs are bred for work and using energy. Every 15 minutes one of the dog sled people would take the dogs out for a few laps around the school. I personally think that dogs like that are bred to pull and run. The dogs I saw seemed very happy. I don't know which operation they were with, though. There can't be many. Check Yelp. I would have no issues with it being inhumane....at least for these Park City dogs.

ITA those dogs LOVE to pull sleds. The one issue is that it could be really cold just sitting in a sled but maybe if they had an hour ride?? Cross country skiing is fun and they have good places in Park City.

And, yes, you should absolutely go to High West and get some of their bourbon to take home with you. yummy!!!!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes to High West! So delicious and our kids loved it too. Get the Highwest Lemonade made with Rye. One of the best drinks I've ever had!

If the snow is slushy in the afternoon and it is a nice day, splurge for drinks outside at the St. Regis. Especially if the kids are in ski school.

We usually ski 5 days straight or ski 6 with a day off in the middle. Our kids are totally fine skiing all week.

The Olympic Village is fun for a trip on a day off too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2