Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
The facing out part isn't a function of baby's size as much as their head control and then the ergonomic strain on you. I used a Gemini facing out part of the time around 4 to 6 months with a 20 lb baby but even with the padded waist belt it was still hard on my back because baby's weight is more forward instead of leaning into you. I also found it hard to do much because my curious child grabbed at everything. I'd be pushing the grocery cart and would try to step away from it for a second to pick something up and he'd have a death grip on the cart handle.

I sometimes had better luck with a back carry in both the Ergo and Gemini. Both DC liked it while we were moving and it left my hands free. They both preferred front carry when sleepy.
Her head control is good but not great - I don't think she's ready for facing out quite yet.

It sounds like you had the Ergo and the Beco - any particular reason you ended up with both? I'm hoping I can get my hands on a borrowed Ergo this weekend to see if that is any more comfortable for DD2.