Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Great Wolf Lodge, 2 days or 3?

DDs have a four day weekend, Thurs-Sun. Is there enough to do there if we arrive Thursday and leave Sunday? We plan to pay for late checkout on Sunday, so we will be able to do stuff that day too. Any BTDT? DDs are 5, and passed their swim test, but are not strong swimmers. They loooove the water though.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When we take DD (who also loves the water and is the same age as your DDs) we are always ready to go after that second day. We get there as soon as we can on that first day (I think it's like 1pm, although last time we checked in at 10am). JMO Have fun!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We've only ever done one day. You get in at 1 or 3 or something the first day, then you can stay until closing time the following day. We just do that and shower people at the end of the 2nd day. We stick them in their pj's and drive home (2.5 hours). I wouldn't want to stay for a 4 day weekend. It's so expensive.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My poor ds1 couldn't take more than a day bc the heavy chlorination killed his eyes. By noon day 2 he was near tears and we had to leave. I couldn't imagine 3 days. (This wasn't Great Wolf but similar.)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We go to a smaller place, but get there to go in at night the first day and do the late stay the second and are done. We could probably do a half day more, but that would be it. My kids love water and would not have 3 days in them.
    Kris

Thanks all! It's what I suspected. I'm so glad I have a place to get random questions answered!
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I've been for two days and I think that is plenty of time. We are going back on MLK Jr. weekend and we are only going for two days again.

I wouldn't pay for late checkout because you just pack up your car and keep a change of clothes with you and return to the pool. You can shower and change in the locker rooms before you head home.
    DD '06
    DD '14

Quote Originally Posted by vludmilla View Post

I wouldn't pay for late checkout because you just pack up your car and keep a change of clothes with you and return to the pool. You can shower and change in the locker rooms before you head home.
    interesting, a couple of reviews I read complained about the early checkout. Do you remember what time c/o is?
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Default Great Wolf Lodge, 2 days or 3?

I cannot imagine a worse ring of hell than three days. Two tops. One is better. You can stay late and play. I'd go to Maui if kids wanted more water time. There is no way I'd do three days.
    Last edited by HannaAddict; 01-01-2014 at 05:53 AM.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Iirc check out is normal- 11ish, but reviewers probably didn't realize you could shower in the locker rooms and change before leaving. Look to see if there is a family changing room. We've been to one that had one and another that did not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast