lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Desk chair for 11 yo dd-what do your dc use?

I really need to get DD a chair for her desk, and it needs to be a good comfortable one because she spends hours painting/crafting/reading there. She is using an old dining chair there right now that used to be awesome but is now old and not so comfy. She is very tall so at this point I suppose I should be looking for a chair sized for an adult -but it needs to be ergonomically correct for her developing growing body. I am totally clueless as to where to look. PBK and PB teen have some that look nice but are so $$. I know a chair is very important so it is not necessarily that I want to be cheap here, but I am just wondering what am I paying for with PB teen-actual quality and great fit for her back or the fact that its furry...

http://www.pbteen.com/products/furli...sks-for-teens&

or, even worse, round

http://www.pbteen.com/products/exerc...oMerchRules-_-

What does your older child use for a desk chair? Or perhaps you? I would love some recs for a neutral looking very comfortable chair. The furniture in the room is cream colored RH baby, so I would prefer to avoid a very office-like chair such as in black leather-though an office looking chair in a lighter color would be fine by me. Oh and DD expressed her desire for it to be the rolling kind which I am not too happy about as the three year old would roll herself to her hearts delight non stop I am sure. I was so surprised to see that none of the PBK chairs had the kind of casters that lock.
    Last edited by lovebebes; 01-03-2014 at 04:09 AM.
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have one of these for my 10 yo DD in a different print. It is great and I use it sometimes as well. She is super tall, 5'2" and I think it should last until she is an adult.

http://www.pbteen.com/products/paint...=productsearch

We took ds to IKEA and let him pick from the desk chairs. His desk is also from IKEA and is height adjustable so we set it all up for his current height and can adjust upwards as he grows.

Catherine

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My 12 year old uses a regular adult desk chair from an office supply store. They are very adjustable.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The Tripp Trapp chair.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions