lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default reco cool mist humidifier - not crane

can anyone reco a good, reliable cool mist humidifer. we have had multiple cranes in each of our rooms, and i'm had to replace each of them at least once. the one in DDs room died again.

so i'm done with crane. need a new brand.

but would prefer to not spend a ton and/or have to do heavy duty cleaning/filter managment

thanks for any suggestions.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

We love our Air-o-swiss ultrasonic humidifiers. We have one which is only cool mist and two which are cool/warm mist tho we only use the cool mist setting. The oldest one is around 4 years old and still going strong. They cost around $170 but we get them at BBB and use a 20% off coupon.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Get an Air O Swiss. Fill it every few days. Descale it every three weeks or so. Replace the silver stick and cartridge once a year (we do it every October/November before humidifier season). We are in the middle of our 5th winter with our three Air O Swiss humidifiers, and they are still going strong. The $40 Holmes ones we were buying required replacing every year and filter replacement almost weekly. If we didn't replace the filter every week or so, it would get black and gross.

We've also had terrible luck with Cranes and Holmes. The Holmes ones have worked, but they change models so often we would have to replace them every year or every 2 yrs at least because we couldn't find the replacement filters. So no reco...but I'd avoid the Holmes as well.
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Another vote for Air O Swiss.

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks to LMH, I was coming to post the same exact question. Wonder how I have been a member of BBB forever and never heard of air o swiss! I have had so many cranes, cows, penguins, and that Thomas night light one that was spendy, well we went through 2 of those...air o swiss now on the way to me!
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We loved our crane but our pulmonologist really disallows using any room humidifiers for kids bc he says it is worse on asthma.