Default Occasional use double?

Hi all,
    New to the forum, and have been searching it for ideas and input, but thought I'd pose a question. We have a son who is 2 yrs 3 mos, and a daughter who is 6 months. I have a Vista with the rumble seat and a g-luxe that is reserved mostly for travel, but think I want another double for travel. (I hesitate to travel with the Vista after seeing what the airlines have done to my g-luxe. I love my Vista too much.) We are going to New Orleans at the end of the month, where I'm running the half marathon, and my husband is spectating with the kiddos. The toddler isn't the best stroller rider, but I know he's not going to want to walk all over New Orleans either (he likes to be carried...and not in a carrier...no bueno). Our little lady is okay in the carrier, but I don't think my husband really likes to wear the Ergo (gets too hot, and he's not very good at putting it on without help )
    Other considerations...we live far from family, and now that the infant is a bit older, I will likely be taking plane trips with the two by myself to visit family every few months. I actually love the Ergo, so could do that with the luxe on my own, but wondering if using a double for the two of them will be easier by myself in the airports? Also, taking a trip to WDW at the end of September this year. Our son will be almost 3, but I know long days at the park will be too much walking for him even then. So a double would be nice for that. Basically, looking for a double to use for travel.
    From reading the forums, I'm looking at:
    BJCMD
    Valco Snap Duo
    Maclaren Twin Triumph
    Maclaren Twin Techno

There are really nice prices on the BJCMD, and the Maclarens on Albeebaby right now. I think my main desire is lightweight for the craziness of air travel and all the hassles that go with it, and ease of use for me when I'm alone traveling with the kiddos.

Thoughts?

Thanks much!

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Bumping this for you since I think it got lost in the mix.
    I've had the GT version of the BJCMD, and while I didn't love it I know some think it and the BJCMD are good travel doubles. I've heard the Snap Duo has an even more manageable fold, and is the lightest. It even weighs a lb. or 2 less than the twin Triumph. The Macs are going to have the smallest folds, but I've heard they are kind of hard to push.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

of those, i think i'd go for the snap double. a few more you might check out, if its just for a light weight travel stroller (and if you dont need recline for both):

http://kinderwagon.com/
    http://www.amazon.com/Joovy-Caboose-.../dp/B003H4QFRS (it does have a seat belt for the back seat.

also, i don't know what airline you use, but i think one of them does not allow a double stroller no matter how light weight it is.

eta: my sister loves her mac twin triumph and uses it for her every double for her girls. i think the side by side is hard to push, but she likes it. I love my P&T double, but its not light weight.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Default Thanks for replies!

Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered the Snap Duo off of Amazon. Got it for $349, so I thought that was a pretty good deal. Not thrilled with the color (cornflower), but for the discount I couldn't justify a color change. :-) I decided that the 22 pounds and easy push were my most important factors. Looking forward to its delivery to check it out!

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I feel like the Valco Snap Duo is the perfect double travel stroller. It's really light but you still get a good push and good size wheels at your destination. I never great things about the double umbrellas and I feel like pushing one all day at Disney would get really old. The BJCMGTD maybe too but it's quite a bit heavier so I like the Snap Dual better.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

I found the Mac doubles a PITA to push. I would NOT use one at Disney!!! We took our BOB, but if you do go with a double umbrella, I'd rent a more substantial double at Disney.

Did u have a chance to use it yet. Thinking about ordering it for my 3yo twins. I have an arsenal of everything else and I HATE by double Mac. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Midgies View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered the Snap Duo off of Amazon. Got it for $349, so I thought that was a pretty good deal. Not thrilled with the color (cornflower), but for the discount I couldn't justify a color change. :-) I decided that the 22 pounds and easy push were my most important factors. Looking forward to its delivery to check it out!