Default I need an escape-proof stroller

My DD is 21 months old and hates the stroller. I've been using either an old Peg Perego Aria that I had with my son, or a Mac Volo. Neither have a 5-pt. harness, and she can pull her arms out and subsequently climb out or stand up in the stroller. So I pretty much never put her in a stroller anymore. Most of our outings involve me holding her or trying to keep her sitting in a shopping cart (another post entirely.) But my back is killing me from holding her and sometimes I would like to frequent places that do not have shopping carts, and go for walks, so I really need another stroller. I'm hoping something with a 5-pt. harness would at least keep her in it (though it won't make her like it!) I don't want to spend a lot, since I don't know how much use it will get. I was thinking about a Baby Jogger City Mini, but honestly I really would prefer something even less expensive. I have been out of the stroller research world for a long time. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm short (if that makes a difference) and just need a general purpose stroller, preferably easy to fold. Thanks!
    Mom to DS 7/2004
    and DD 3/2012

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

will she stay in a wagon? i've never had one, as my kids (especially DD) loved strollers. but i have several friends who bought Radio Flyer wagons and would take them on outings like to the zoo, pumpkin patch or some other outing (instead of a stroller) bc that was the only way their toddler would stay in. it seemed many kids are ok with riding in a wagon bc it's like a train, they can see more, ,or whatever. just a suggestion as they seem pretty popular in my moms group.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    will she stay in a wagon? i've never had one, as my kids (especially DD) loved strollers. but i have several friends who bought Radio Flyer wagons and would take them on outings like to the zoo, pumpkin patch or some other outing (instead of a stroller) bc that was the only way their toddler would stay in. it seemed many kids are ok with riding in a wagon bc it's like a train, they can see more, ,or whatever. just a suggestion as they seem pretty popular in my moms group.
    Both my kids hated the stroller, so no suggestion on which one to get. But as far as the wagon it might work in some cases but more often than not, DS2 would just jump off the wagon (and fell once onto the pavement) and start running/exploring. So if you have a stroller hater he might as well be a wagon hater.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I sold my baby jogger double because my toddler didn't even need to try to get out. Other stroller brands that my kids can Houdini out of include Bumbleride and Bugaboo. In my house mountain buggy buckles reign supreme. None of my five have managed to get out of them.

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Valco buckles are also hard to do.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

A slightly cheaper fix compared to getting a new stroller is to hunt down those hair ties that have the little balls one the sides. So when you buckle your daughter in, wrap the hair tie at chest level around the existing stroller straps to keep them from separating and from her escaping.

I second valco. I have the snap 4, and it is not easy to open, and it has the five point harnass. Love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMacMoo View Post
    A slightly cheaper fix compared to getting a new stroller is to hunt down those hair ties that have the little balls one the sides. So when you buckle your daughter in, wrap the hair tie at chest level around the existing stroller straps to keep them from separating and from her escaping.
    It's so funny that you say that because I had actually been doing something very similar. She still managed to get her arms out!

After a long break, we tried the stroller again last week and (knock on wood) she seems to be staying put better so far. I am still considering a new stroller though. I will check out the Valco for sure.
    Mom to DS 7/2004
    and DD 3/2012