Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pure Barre?

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I just looked it up. Your jaw will drop. It's $6 per class at our art academy. We live in a REALLY cheap area, as in cheap ppl. They would even complain about $6 per class, lol, they want everything for a buck or less. I know that there is a barre method DVD. Can you try to check out (from the library) or buy it to see if it's something you might like? I wanted to try it out, but not sure that my knee can handle all of the exercises yet.
    lol wow that is cheap! i wonder if there's barre classes offered for cheap here too like that (local community college?)..the crazy prices are from the actual franchises (i thought pure barre was just a generic term, like Pilates, but it's actually the name of the chain).

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cvanbrunt View Post
    Pure Barre is so expensive because they want it to be. The franchise fees, updated coreography, and training courses are the highest out there. There are plenty of other options.
    I had never heard of this, but a quick search revealed a Pure Barre studio in my town (which is somewhat HCOL for NC, but not by national standards). Prices seem to be about $185/month, although you are welcome to plunk down $1,800 for a one-year membership. And of course they encourage you to buy their special sticky socks...

By the way, the pose in one of the photos of a class looked exactly like a side view of that prancercise person...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked up a local barre class called barre3 whic is co-owned by a mom in DDs class, was always curious today I looked them up. 1 month unlimited is $100. They do have punch cards at about $15/class to $11/class which is an average for bootcamps etc in this HCOL area. There are reviews on yelp saying this oufit is reasonable compared to all other barre classes around town.
    DD 04/2008
    DS 06/2012

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I checked a Pure Barre in my HCOL area, and it's $225 for one month, unlimited. Maybe the rates are set by the PB corporate folks and don't adjust up or down based on location?

I had a membership at Barre3 last year for about 4 months at the grand opening rate, $150/month. I loved it, and when I could go 2-4 times/week I thought it was "worth" it. But, my schedule got too crazy, and I wasn't able to go often enough, so I gave up the membership. It's now $225/month. I expect most people buy packages of classes, which seem to work out to be $20-$25/class. Still too much for me, sadly.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i LOVE going to Pure Barre!! i try to go weekly but more if possible. our place always does specials like 10/$100 or 5/$55, etc as well as groupon deals for classes/packages. i find that its a great workout
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

HipMama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I just signed up for the barre3 28 day challenge. Today is day 2. I'm not sure how I am going to make it as day 1 killed me! Lol. We have several studios in my town but I couldn't stomach the prices, plus you have to pay extra for childcare. Barre3 has online workouts (a lot!) and I am doing the free 15 day trial. After 15 days it's $15 a month.

*I am not affiliated with barre3 in any way, shape or form. Just sharing info*

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i just started PureBarre. its 99 for the first month (unlimited) and then 125 per month unlimited classes. its worth it to me since its close to my house, so i can go to the early am class come home, and still make it to work. the gym membership is about 60 per month, but no classes and i need the accountability of a class. I'll go 3 days a week, so thats about $10 per class, which is what i pay for dd's ballet, so it seems reasonable to me.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2