Default I've read the threads but need help Skip Hop Studio or Versa? Help

I must have mommy brain atm because I can't make a choice for the life of me, I keep changing my mind. I had a studio and loved it, but it ripped and skip hop's amazing customer service is replacing it for me. I can't decide if I should stick to what I know I like or go with the versa for a change. Has anyone had both to compare? I love the looks of the versa better but want to make sure it is big enough. I have a 10 month old and my next is 4 if that helps. Does it hold anywhere near as much as the studio? I would like to be able to put a few pouches like a ju ju be be quick or a be set inside to keep organized but not sure if there would be room. All the videos or pics I see are with the bag extended, is it super small when closed? It also seems to have mixed reviews over quality, so any input would be so helpful.
    Thank you for helping me decide, I've read a few threads, but am still undecided.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had a Versa and returned it. It just looked really "frumpy" when it was filled up. It didn't really hold its shape very well when it was opened. It held a lot, but it just felt cheap and just didn't look very nice. I ended up getting their Grand Central bag, and I really liked it, but it was almost too big for what I needed, so I didn't use it too often.

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I had a Versa and returned it. It just looked really "frumpy" when it was filled up. It didn't really hold its shape very well when it was opened. It held a lot, but it just felt cheap and just didn't look very nice. I ended up getting their Grand Central bag, and I really liked it, but it was almost too big for what I needed, so I didn't use it too often.
    Thank you for the feedback, it's crazy how things look so different online. I was wondering about the fabric, I don't want it to look cheap and couldn't tell. I have to order online to use my credit so I don't want to drive 45 minutes just to look at BBB. The Grand Central looks really nice, but I know its too big for me, I don't like a lot of large compartments, I lose things. Pockets are great inside though.

Well frumpy and cheap is not what I am looking for I might have to stick to another studio, but was hoping for a little change. The new Chelsea looks nice but can't find any reviews. The Grand Central is so nice but too big for me.

Well, I liked my Versa, but after 21 months, it is TRASHED! Admittedly, I am very hard on my bags. Also, I had the links pattern with the orange panel, and I really want a black bag that can hold a bit more. I don't love the Versa in black. I've been thinking about the Studio, but reviews say it can be cheap looking and fall apart easily. You love yours, though, right?

I thought my Versa looked great when it was new, but it very soon looked quite shabby. I did always use it with the center panel open. I needed the extra space!

I'm afraid to buy another Skip Hop, because I think they don't wear very well, but I just haven't found anything else I really like. I think I might hang in there until I can just get a good, big, purse, but I haven't found one of those I like, either, and the ones I did like were hugely expensive and ridiculously heavy!

I definitely wasn't easy on my studio and it lasted over a year. No seams ripped or no broken zippers and I've stuffed it to the max at times. The problem I had was the faux leather on the bottle pockets was peeling off, which was strange because they weren't used much. I had pewter dots which is probably considered the cheapest looking but I liked it. It was obviously not trimmed in real leather but I thought it looked better in real life than in pics.I would definitely get black this time though.

I want a black bag too and like the looks of the black versa but want it to last a while and hold a good amount. The BBB closest to me doesnt have any in stock to look at. I'm just worried I'll get it and not like it at much as the studio.

Do you feel like it holds enough for a day out with a 10month old and a few snacks for big sis? Is it really small when closed? I just love the shape and the blue lining.

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My studio looks trashed. I don't think I'm hard on my bags at all. Like PP the faux leather is peeling off. I think I've had it for about 3 years now? Aside from the quality I love the way everything was organized. But sometimes the over the shoulder strap is bothersome....which is why I also bought the Versa. The zipper on the cell phone pocket came off within a year. I knew it was problematic so I was super careful with it always, but it still came off.

I switched back to my studio because I like the opening and organization better.

I think I am done with Skip Hop unfortunately.
    DS1 - 03/10
    DS2 - 02/12

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Momto4girls View Post
    I definitely wasn't easy on my studio and it lasted over a year. No seams ripped or no broken zippers and I've stuffed it to the max at times. The problem I had was the faux leather on the bottle pockets was peeling off, which was strange because they weren't used much. I had pewter dots which is probably considered the cheapest looking but I liked it. It was obviously not trimmed in real leather but I thought it looked better in real life than in pics.I would definitely get black this time though.

I want a black bag too and like the looks of the black versa but want it to last a while and hold a good amount. The BBB closest to me doesnt have any in stock to look at. I'm just worried I'll get it and not like it at much as the studio.

Do you feel like it holds enough for a day out with a 10month old and a few snacks for big sis? Is it really small when closed? I just love the shape and the blue lining.
    Sorry I never answered any of your questions. I'll go home tonight and see if I can take a picture of them side by side.
    DS1 - 03/10
    DS2 - 02/12

I do feel the Versa holds enough for two kids-- maybe not twins, but a baby and an older toddler, yes. I always kept my center panel open, though. I have in mine: 4 diapers in one interior pocket, powder, cream, sanitizer, 1st aid kit, brush, nail clippers, thermometer in another pocket, snacks in a third pocket, bib and silverware in fourth pocket. In the big center section I have extra undies and pants for DS, the wipes case, and extra clothes for DD. There's always room to stuff lots in there (extra snacks, water bottle, sunscreen, winter extras, etc.) In the front zip pockets I have my wallet, checkbook, and phone. The open front pockets have my keys and stuff like lip balm. The back zip pocket has the changing pad, coloring book, stickers, and crayons. I'm prepared!!!

I bought both bags. I tend to use my Studio more because I bought it in the pewter dot. My Versa is the cream colored one with the orange center. I get tons of compliments on both bags. I tend to switch my bags often so mine have held up well. I carry bare essentials for a 5 year old, 3 year old, and 2 year old - now. But I bought both when my youngest was just born. Both are in good condition and are very usable today. I have even thrown the Studio in the wash. I think they are both equal size bags. I like the Versa has the messenger style strap vs. the double straps of the Studio. I honestly haven't seen a huge difference in sizes when the bag is extended. I really just used that for the color pop. But I could imagine that a couple pouches would fit easily. I tend to carry a ziplock bag of extra clothes for the youngest, lots of snacks, some small toys, my wallet, my cell phone, and sometimes some juice boxes/water bottles. All easily fit.