Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Good afternoon ladies!

Just wanted to update that I ordered a vegetable spiralizer today! Can't wait to get it so I can try making zucchini "noodles!"

Ordered the same one that SASM has!
    http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-.../dp/B0007Y9WHQ
    YAY! You will LOVE IT!! 6yo DD2 just made the kids entire dinner! Zucchini Zoodles with Chicken in a Garlic Ghee Sauce!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    I made ghee this afternoon but I'm not sure it turned out "right" since I've never eaten it or bought it before. I followed Nom Nom Paleo's tutorial, but mine looks a little darker than hers was, and there was a tiny bit of "foam" on top of the ghee after I poured it though the cheesecloth and strainer. I skimmed it off. Did I not do it right?

Hellokitty, I'm having a very similar experience to you. Although I've maintained this way of eating since September 2012, DH and DS recently had their birthdays and I enjoyed some "off plan" eating before recommitting. I've been completely back on track and much doesn't seem to be happening. In fact, I feel really bloated but it may be where I am in my cycle. But, no real movement on the scale. Sigh...
    w30 rule: Don't weigh yourself. In regards to ghee, the first time that I made it, it looked burned. I added some yellow clarified butter and the taste was yummy and nutty...best batch I have made. Now I aim for a warm. not bright, yellow. The foam is normal. My milk solids usually crisp at the bottom of the pan.
    Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I've made ghee once, and had a similar experience. I *think* that you did it right. Well, at least we have each other, lol. Yeah, I am not seeing as much of the positive effects as last time. I'm not going to give up, b/c ultimately, I want to try to be as paleo as possible after whole30. However, it is a little bit disheartening. I'm hoping that maybe the wt will come off in the second half. DH didn't lose any wt for the first two wks, last time, but lost basically the same amt that I did (10 lbs each, however, due to a bum knee, I wasn't exercising at that time, just purely diet) in the end. So, maybe this time we are both going to run late. Yeah, as for bloating, it's not my time of the month, so I guess that's why I thought that was unusual. If it were my time of the month, I would have attributed the bloating to that.
    Hey you! You have done this before and generally eat mainly paleo so you are probably not going to see the results that you saw the last time when it was a shock to your system. BUT you ARE going to feel GREAT!!
    Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

bcafe is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just pressured cooked a small chuck roast to make vegetable beef soup. I also roasted some squash to put in instead of potatoes. Because I am so nice I cubed potatoes for those that want to add that to their soup. I made some cookies for DS's half birthday treat for school tomorrow. I may freeze one for when I am done with the 30. They look so good as they are a chocolate cookie with mint "cream" and chocolate ganache on top. I won't cheat!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    YAY! You will LOVE IT!! 6yo DD2 just made the kids entire dinner! Zucchini Zoodles with Chicken in a Garlic Ghee Sauce!
    Thanks for the encouragement. About that veggie spiral cutter, I was so tempted the first time you posted the link. The thing is, it looks big, and I am low in kitchen storage space. How often do you use it and does it fold down smaller or something? I ended up using my food processor this afternoon to shred a bunch of stuff and was thinking about how much nicer it would be if they were spiral noodles.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement. About that veggie spiral cutter, I was so tempted the first time you posted the link. The thing is, it looks big, and I am low in kitchen storage space. How often do you use it and does it fold down smaller or something? I ended up using my food processor this afternoon to shred a bunch of stuff and was thinking about how much nicer it would be if they were spiral noodles.
    I think I received the Spiralizer on Wednesday and we have used it every day. I had no intention of using it today but DD2 saw it on the drying rack. She proceeded to grab the zucchini and tried to make the noodles on her own! All eel-motivated, which is sooooo NOT DD2!!! So...she made dinner. As pokey as she may be, their dinner was still done in 20 minutes, from start to finish, with DD doing everything! I am still shocked. She served some to our neighbor (8yo boy) and he even liked it! So...there IS hope!

I have a TINY kitchen and, for me, this little tool is worthy of the precious space. The sliding arm comes off and disassembles. The blades all store underneath. It is doable to store in a larger drawer that can accommodate an "L-shape" in 9.5"L x 8.5"W x 6"D. At the moment, if it is not in the drying rack, I store it in the box above my cupboards (seriously lacking space in this rental).

You COULD use a tiny dual-sided julienne peeler (I bought one at WS) but it took FOREVER. I would shred my knuckles and wouldn't want my kids to help for that matter. DH would occasionally do the dirty work but would be a tough sell to get him to do enough zucchini to adequately feed all five of us. I wouldn't even attempt to julienne a sweet potato. I was shocked at how easily this device cut through the hard potato. And my kids are stoked to help out in the kitchen!! Sorry...just loving it!
    Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    I think I received the Spiralizer on Wednesday and we have used it every day. I had no intention of using it today but DD2 saw it on the drying rack. She proceeded to grab the zucchini and tried to make the noodles on her own! All eel-motivated, which is sooooo NOT DD2!!! So...she made dinner. As pokey as she may be, their dinner was still done in 20 minutes, from start to finish, with DD doing everything! I am still shocked. She served some to our neighbor (8yo boy) and he even liked it! So...there IS hope!

I have a TINY kitchen and, for me, this little tool is worthy of the precious space. The sliding arm comes off and disassembles. The blades all store underneath. It is doable to store in a larger drawer that can accommodate an "L-shape" in 9.5"L x 8.5"W x 6"D. At the moment, if it is not in the drying rack, I store it in the box above my cupboards (seriously lacking space in this rental).

You COULD use a tiny dual-sided julienne peeler (I bought one at WS) but it took FOREVER. I would shred my knuckles and wouldn't want my kids to help for that matter. DH would occasionally do the dirty work but would be a tough sell to get him to do enough zucchini to adequately feed all five of us. I wouldn't even attempt to julienne a sweet potato. I was shocked at how easily this device cut through the hard potato. And my kids are stoked to help out in the kitchen!! Sorry...just loving it!
    Thanks! Yeah, I had been wanting to get a hand unit before I even saw your post. However, my hand gets tired pretty easily, so now I'm leaning more toward the gadget that you recommended. The crazy thing is my dad bought one of these, "sold on tv" ones decades ago and it was a piece of junk. So, I'm glad that you like the brand that you have.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5