ChefGirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Has anyone done a Detox?

I just feel like doing a detox. With all the crappy food in my system.....feel like a cleanse....any suggestions? Is there anything I can buy over the counter that I can take or drink? I heard on the radio about Juice detox......anyone has any suggestions? Thanks.
    Chefgirl
    Mommy to 3 WILD and SWEET kids

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I tried this last year after coming off of several consecutive weekend of what was essentially heavy eating and drinking (work functions, then New Orleans). I hated it! I did a juice only cleanse and felt horrible during the entire thing, and didn't really feel any results that I thought being "cleansed" would feel like.
    If I were to ever try it again, I would do something that was a little more forgiving, that included actual food too. Hopefully someone will chime in who has happier stories.
    DD
    DS

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I like Dr Oz's 48 hour cleanse. You can google it & find all the info on his website. It is actual food for breakfast & dinner and a smoothie for lunch & juice/veggies for snacks. I have done it twice and I felt great both times. The soup makes a ton so I froze it for the 2nd time I did it.

I am starting the SimpleGreenSmoothies 21 cleanse/detox. I'll let you know how it goes. Enjoying a brownie and beer tonight : )