Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I also used (and am currently using) the same mattress with DS2 as I did with DS1. I hadn't given it a second thought (until right now). We kept DS2 in the pack n play until DS1 was ready to move out of the crib, which was DS2 was around 5 months old and DS1 was 2yrs 8 months.

I did. As another said, i would do whatever i could to resuce risk of SIDS and new mattress was a small price to pay.

My kids are far apart in age. But I would have gotten new anyway. It's one of those things where I'd rather pay $100 just to not worry about the issue. We bought an IKEA mattress second go around and are very happy with it and actually paid under a $100.

Catherine

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I bought a new mattress but only because DS1 was still sleeping in his crib and using his mattress.

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We did not buy a new mattress, although we also haven't put DD2 in her crib full-time yet. I talked to my pediatrician about it, and he didn't feel like the research on reusing mattresses was particularly compelling, which was honestly my feeling as well. As long as your mattress is still firm, clean (no rips, tears, or persistent stains), I would consider reusing it. If you have any concerns about your mattress condition though, I would not hesitate to buy a new one.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2