niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Strength training DVD - easy on knees

I'm dong my run/walk with DS to school 2 x a week that I hope to increase to 3 times and to keep increasing amount of running time - it's 2 miles round trip but so far I'm only running/walking there and walking home. I know I need to do some strength training. I have 30 Day Shred but know my knees won't tolerate running and 30 Day Shred. Any rec. on a good DVD to use 2x week when don't run? I have set of dumbells, no barbell though.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love P90X. I know it sounds intense and intimidating, but I loved it as a next step from the shred, which really was a little tough on my knees (I had just been doing it on demand). I don't do all the videos (there are 4 that I really like), but I find them pretty easy on my knees (one knee has had 3 surgeries, so I need that!). They are great strength training and overall are hard, but doable. I've been doing them about 4 times per week for a few years now (well, not every week...)

I also have the Tracy Anderson mat video which is great arms and legs strength stuff and also no issues with my knees.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05