reneed is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Punta Cana rec's or other all inclusive resort....or great travel agent :(

I am trying to book a vacation for April leaving from Boston or RI and I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. We were originally looking at Aruba or Marco Island FL but every where I look there are either no flights or no rooms. I am finding a lot of great deals to Punta Cana but after hearing so many horror stories I'm afraid to pull the plug. Can anyone recommend a resort in Punta Cana they loved or does anyone have a travel agent they trust?

By the way, I am traveling with my husband, 65 year old Mom and 7 year old son. We are all beach resort lovers and typically stay at Marriott resorts.

Thanks in advance!

We are going to punta cana in two weeks. We are staying at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana in a one bedroom master suite. We got a good deal on expedia with the flight too. We haven't been yet, but the reviews look great. We needed somewhere with a true suite (with a separate master bedroom, not one of those junior suites) and that was family friendly. I found expedia to have the best deals with airfare was added in.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DH and I went to Punta Cana for our honeymoon and 5 year anniversary this past October. I highly, highly recommend it. Both times we stayed in an adults only resort, so I'm no help there, but I would go back to Punta Cana every year if I could!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Iberostar grand is great, but it is adults only. We stayed at the Reserve at paradisus Palma real. It was great. We had a concierge who took care of my daughter's every need. Cookies and milk turn down service, babble baths with balloons, etc. This resort is geared towards kids and their needs.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We are going to punta cana in two weeks. We are staying at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana in a one bedroom master suite. We got a good deal on expedia with the flight too. We haven't been yet, but the reviews look great. We needed somewhere with a true suite (with a separate master bedroom, not one of those junior suites) and that was family friendly. I found expedia to have the best deals with airfare was added in.
    I just priced it out and it came to 12k including air for a week. Wow. I remember when Punta Cana was inexpensive lol. I really like the resort though. I'm going to play around with the dates to see if I can shave some off of that

Quote Originally Posted by reneed View Post
    I just priced it out and it came to 12k including air for a week. Wow. I remember when Punta Cana was inexpensive lol. I really like the resort though. I'm going to play around with the dates to see if I can shave some off of that
    Ours is much less. I Pmed you.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Check out cheapcarribean.com. We just booked an April trip to Riviera Maya through them. I priced it on Expedia & Hotels.com but this site was less for the same resort & room type because they charter flights. We are on a Frontier airlines charter flight which was only available through Cheapcarribean.

Thank you for all of your help everyone!!! Paradisus Punta Cana ended up costing way more than we wanted to spend but we were able to get a room at the Aruba Marriott for 8 nights in April. I'm really excited!! Now I can spend the next 3 months wishing the days away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mushka View Post
    Iberostar grand is great, but it is adults only. We stayed at the Reserve at paradisus Palma real. It was great. We had a concierge who took care of my daughter's every need. Cookies and milk turn down service, babble baths with balloons, etc. This resort is geared towards kids and their needs.
    We are back from aruba and now looking to book our next vacation. I'm looking at the reserve at paradisius punta cana or Palma real. Palma real looks more kid friendly to me but I'm having a hard time trying to pick a room. Since we will have my mom with me I don't want everything to be a long hike (like to the pool, beach etc). Any tips?