Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default What time for Tusker House breakfast?

Would you do early, 8:15 am, or later 10:45am? Park opens at 9am.

We have 10:45, but as I'm reading more on things to do, timing, etc, it seems like it won't leave enough time to do a few things and we'll do a lot of walking just to get a couple things in before breakfast. So, I'm wondering if 8:15 is better and we just start slightly later than rope drop, but don't worry about being interrupted.

Another choice is 10:10, but I'm not sure that gains us much.
    Kris

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I personally would do 10:45. That's the perfect option for maximization of your dining dollar, anyway, because you get the breakfast buffet when you get there but it will change over to lunch at (I believe) 11. I like to sample both and last time was envious of the lunch options as we were on our way out. Also, I feel like you get a better value when you eat a character meal for lunch than breakfast. No matter how much breakfast my kids eat they are pretty much always hungry by 11 anyway, and breakfast can be fast and cheap in your room or on the go. Since there are not as many attractions at AK you should still make it through with no problem, especially with Camp MM closed and no Lion King show. (I know the characters will be around somewhere else, but at least you don't have to go to that whole corner of the park.) IMO the hardest thing about AK is the timing of the shows. I would plan those out first and let everything else fall in around them (and the breakfast/lunch). Personally, I would get there when the park opens and head for the safari (unless there is an early show you can hit, but I don't think they start that early?), which is not far from TH. We really enjoy TH.

I will admit - there are a few things we skip at AK (Conservation Station, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids to name a few). Also, we don't always spend a lot of time on the trails. We like to see the animals, but the truth is that we have a zoo membership and a nice zoo at home, so we aim for the experiences we couldn't get there. If you have your heart set on doing every single thing, though, maybe earlier is better. I'm sure others will chime in. Have a wonderful trip!!

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We did 10:45ish and it worked well for us. When we got in (it was an EMH morning) we did Safari then Everest then wandered a bit. By the time we got to eat we were hungry (had only had a light breakfast) and could relax and take our time. We did have to wait a bit - first at the entrance to get the picture with Donald, and then at the table for certain characters to come around because they do a parade thing that ties them up a bit. Half way through they started bringing out lunch food so we got to sample different stuff. DD was so tired she fell asleep at the table and then napped in the stroller right after. I would do that rather than early breakfast, where I feel you'd be rushing to get back out by 9.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Thank you. I'll keep the 10:45. I'd like to try lunch, so that sounds good to me.
    Kris

I'm going to disagree. We always begin our ak days at tusker house. If you have a reservation 8:20 or before it is basically first come first served. We are waiting in line to be let in to the park & we usually are anywhere from first to fifth to check in. Most people meander and take photos while walking.

We have time to get our food from the buffet before the characters come out. Then, we get to see all the characters then participate in the dance line & then we leave & are at the front of rope drop line.
    Mama to 3

Quote Originally Posted by Octobermommy View Post
    I'm going to disagree. We always begin our ak days at tusker house. If you have a reservation 8:20 or before it is basically first come first served. We are waiting in line to be let in to the park & we usually are anywhere from first to fifth to check in. Most people meander and take photos while walking.

We have time to get our food from the buffet before the characters come out. Then, we get to see all the characters then participate in the dance line & then we leave & are at the front of rope drop line.
    So 25 minutes is enough time to eat, visit characters and do the dance line (not sure what that is)? I was imagining more than that. Going to think about this again. Too hard!
    Kris

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think the late breakfast is never a good idea. Missing all that prime touring time would kill me.

Early breakfast or late lunch is the way to go.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I think the late breakfast is never a good idea. Missing all that prime touring time would kill me.

Early breakfast or late lunch is the way to go.
    All the other meals we have at parks are late lunches. I remember your advice on that. I don't remember why I picked this one for 10:45! I am now thinking if we keep 10:45, we can use it as a later start morning and stay into the afternoon when crowds go down (from what I've read).
    Kris

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Add me into the group who would vote that you do the 8:15 option. That is basically what we did last time and it worked out well. BTW, we skip the picture at the beginning with donald duck. You have to pay for it. It basically allowed us to jump the line by about 6 families and we got in to eat even sooner. I always skip the pictures for these meals, except at askershus. That is the only one where the pics are included in the price of the meal. However, we are rope drop kind of ppl, so I really love the first 1-1.5 hrs of park opening, when it's so easy to hop onto rides w/o long lines.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Add me into the group who would vote that you do the 8:15 option. That is basically what we did last time and it worked out well. BTW, we skip the picture at the beginning with donald duck. You have to pay for it. It basically allowed us to jump the line by about 6 families and we got in to eat even sooner. I always skip the pictures for these meals, except at askershus. That is the only one where the pics are included in the price of the meal. However, we are rope drop kind of ppl, so I really love the first 1-1.5 hrs of park opening, when it's so easy to hop onto rides w/o long lines.
    I think we are going to buy Memory Maker, so the photos would be included with that.

So if you go for 8:15, and they open rides at 8:45, do you make it? Or do you still miss rope drop and just get closer to it? How long do you typically spend in AK?
    Kris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast