Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I think the late breakfast is never a good idea. Missing all that prime touring time would kill me.

Early breakfast or late lunch is the way to go.
    I think it depends on opening time. We got into AK at 8 with early entry then had breakfast at 10:40. By that time we had already rode all the key rides and the crowds were starting to come in. So to me 10:40 or later is no longer prime touring time.
    Also the advice at DL is different at WDW, since you don't get in as early for Plaza Inn. You're much better off doing early entry there and eating a late meal, rather than doing a meal at 8:20 for a 9:00 opening, especially if there's an 8am early entry that day for resort guests. (ETA: Plaza Inn is only breakfast there, so no option for lunch with Minnie). So I think it depends, and for us late breakfast closer 11 serves as lunch too and we need a break by that point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Add me into the group who would vote that you do the 8:15 option. That is basically what we did last time and it worked out well. BTW, we skip the picture at the beginning with donald duck. You have to pay for it. It basically allowed us to jump the line by about 6 families and we got in to eat even sooner. I always skip the pictures for these meals, except at askershus. That is the only one where the pics are included in the price of the meal. However, we are rope drop kind of ppl, so I really love the first 1-1.5 hrs of park opening, when it's so easy to hop onto rides w/o long lines.
    If you have PhotoPass+ you get all the pictures free, including the prints. We've gotten our moneys worth with PP+ at DL and WDW.
    Last edited by BayGirl2; 01-23-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I think we are going to buy Memory Maker, so the photos would be included with that.

So if you go for 8:15, and they open rides at 8:45, do you make it? Or do you still miss rope drop and just get closer to it? How long do you typically spend in AK?
    OK, on the memory maker, you're right. I believe there are pkgs where you can get that option added on for free. TH is in kind of deeper in AK. So, even if you miss rope drop by 15 min or so, you are still good. The safari ride is not far away, that is usually where we head first as soon as we leave TH. We usually only spend about a half day at AK. My issue with AK is the way it is laid out, you kind of have to weave back and forth a lot and the walkways are very narrow compared to the other parks. I think it is more pretty, but b/c of the narrow walkways, I always feel like it is a more crowded park, even if it isn't necessarily THAT crowded, kwim? Make sure you mark down what time the shows are that you want to watch. Those and the big rides (dinosaur and expidition everest and the safari) are the bigger ones that can get long lines. The other stuff, I would take your time with. We usually do DTD the evening of AK, since we go in the Nov/Dec, they close early due to an early sunset.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

OK, on the memory maker, you're right. I believe there are pkgs where you can get that option added on for free. TH is in kind of deeper in AK. So, even if you miss rope drop by 15 min or so, you are still good. The safari ride is not far away, that is usually where we head first as soon as we leave TH. We usually only spend about a half day at AK. My issue with AK is the way it is laid out, you kind of have to weave back and forth a lot and the walkways are very narrow compared to the other parks. I think it is more pretty, but b/c of the narrow walkways, I always feel like it is a more crowded park, even if it isn't necessarily THAT crowded, kwim? Make sure you mark down what time the shows are that you want to watch. Those and the big rides (dinosaur and expidition everest and the safari) are the bigger ones that can get long lines. The other stuff, I would take your time with. We usually do DTD the evening of AK, since we go in the Nov/Dec, they close early due to an early sunset.
    Thanks. I'm trying to figure this out so I can make fastpass selections in a few weeks. It's hard! AK is open until 8pm the day we are going, so I was considering starting at 10:45 for breakfast and then we have as much time as we need into the afternoon and evening and can still have an early night.
    Kris

Thanks. I'm trying to figure this out so I can make fastpass selections in a few weeks. It's hard! AK is open until 8pm the day we are going, so I was considering starting at 10:45 for breakfast and then we have as much time as we need into the afternoon and evening and can still have an early night.
    Which rides/exhibits can you get FP selections on? Personally, my kids found dinosaur and everest very frightening, but those are two of the bigger thrill rides. If you plan to show up later and stay later, I don't see why the 10:45 wouldn't work out. I would wait to ride the safari until later in the day, if you aren't going to catch it early in the morning, since the animals are more active at the beginning and toward the end of the day, and not as active mid-day, kwim?
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Which rides/exhibits can you get FP selections on? Personally, my kids found dinosaur and everest very frightening, but those are two of the bigger thrill rides. If you plan to show up later and stay later, I don't see why the 10:45 wouldn't work out. I would wait to ride the safari until later in the day, if you aren't going to catch it early in the morning, since the animals are more active at the beginning and toward the end of the day, and not as active mid-day, kwim?
    Quite a few:
    DINOSAUR
    Expedition Everest
    Finding Nemo - The Musical
    It's Tough to Be a Bug!
    Kali River Rapids
    Kilimanjaro Safaris Expedition
    Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
    Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
    Primeval Whirl

I know DS2 is too short for Primeval Whirl. I am sure DS1 will want to do everything and nothing scares him. I was thinking we could use it for Safari, Expedition Everest and Primeval Whirl. If they don't all get used, we can swap bands around and let others use the ones that are left. Or maybe put the character meet on for DD and DS2 and DH while DS1 and I do Everest. The other wrinkle is that you can't do a fastpass time for 3 hours after your ADR. (or is it 2 hours?)
    Kris

Quite a few:
    DINOSAUR
    Expedition Everest
    Finding Nemo - The Musical
    It's Tough to Be a Bug!
    Kali River Rapids
    Kilimanjaro Safaris Expedition
    Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
    Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
    Primeval Whirl

I know DS2 is too short for Primeval Whirl. I am sure DS1 will want to do everything and nothing scares him. I was thinking we could use it for Safari, Expedition Everest and Primeval Whirl. If they don't all get used, we can swap bands around and let others use the ones that are left. Or maybe put the character meet on for DD and DS2 and DH while DS1 and I do Everest. The other wrinkle is that you can't do a fastpass time for 3 hours after your ADR. (or is it 2 hours?)
    Dinosaur, everest and the the safari are the biggies, maybe kali river too (depending on the weather). I'd use fast past on those. The shows, just take some planning, to know what time they start. You just need to make sure you get there ahead of time to get seating. Nemo was my favorite show. I am not a fan of the lion king show, but that's just me. It seemed overrated, for what it was, and if I could only see one show, I would see the Nemo one.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Neither of my kids wants to ride Primeval Whirl. Younger DD can't even ride the tea cups LOL!!! Older DD said "Looks like a puke fest!"

Dinosaur is dark and VERY jerky and rough. Older DD rode it once and really wasn't interested again.

She does like Everest.

We all *love* The Lion Kind and the Nemo shows. So well done.

I'm not sure why you need a FP for the parade?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

So 25 minutes is enough time to eat, visit characters and do the dance line (not sure what that is)? I was imagining more than that. Going to think about this again. Too hard!
    No, you would be there near the front of the line as soon as they open the gates & walk straight there. You would be seated around 8-8:05 am. As long as you have a reservation 8:20 or before they will seat you according to where you are in line. So, we would be done within 40 minutes or so & we end up in front of the rope drop line entering animal kingdom. This
    Of course is only when the park opens at 9 AM & not on a magic morning day.
    Mama to 3

DS1 will ride everything. We went to Cedar Point last summer and he did all the crazy rides there and loved them. I am sure he'll do it all.

I think the fp for parades gets you into a roped off area so you don't have to stake out a place to sit and watch. I was thinking we'd do that our first night at Epcot, since we get in mid-afternoon.

Thanks for all the info. so many options.
    Kris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2