Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Jan 2014 workout check-in!

kinda late but i figured i start a thread to hold myself accountable!

this evening i tried a new workout class at my yoga studio..not a yoga class at all but a "core" workout class. Lots of planks, using those weighted balls, etc...a lot like a "bootcamp" class. it kicked my a$$...i have not done one of these in a lonngg time. i am scared to wake up tomorrow!! :S Though i've heard from various people that these types are best for keeping weight-off and getting toned, so hopefully i can work up to a point where i can do them regularly.

anyways, my goal for now is to do 3 class (2 hot yoga and 1 core/pilates or strengthening) per week. i know it does not sound like much with me working full-time, with a 30-40 minute commute and can't really work from home so i find it hard to squeeze these things in. We do have an elliptical at home but i'm the type of person who needs a scheduled class (that i'm paying for!!), otherwise I just don't do it (i'm horrible at staying-self-motivated!!)

anybody else, please add yours. finally feel like i'm getting back out of the holiday/sickness insanity and back in the swing of things and don't want to fall off the bandwagon early off in the year.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 01-21-2014 at 12:50 AM.

My goal was to do 5 days a week but I've been doing 6 instead. Three days a week I do c25k and 3 days I do cardio and weights. If dd2 starts going down easily again I'm going to start a Hatha class at my gym as well. I'm really closing in on my goals (want to be able to do 10 regular push ups and a pull up before the end of the year) especially the push ups. I am killing the modified push ups!
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

My goal is 5x a week, time split between elliptical/treadmill and core and weights. So far I've only managed 3-4x week, this week included so I'm hoping to get back into a good routine.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I aim for 4 to 5 times per week. Weather and illness haven't been my friends the past two weeks but I was doing that routine before the holidays. Most every day is a combination of weights and cardio.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The first week of Jan was not great for me, I will really down for various reasons but last week I tried to really commit to working out and I did the elliptical every day, and started a diet. And then over the weekend I started a C25K app. Yesterday I did day 2 of the workout. I am REALLY out of shape. It's embarrassing. I am thankful for my tall genes because they help hide the effects of my complete lack of fitness. But I am committed to improving, even if it means less time for work or with family (my excuses). And really, I work out between 30-60 minutes, and it's not that long of a time really.
    I actually think I was much more calm and less stressed out with the kids last week because the exercise destressed me a bit.
    I am trying to keep it fun by shopping for workout stuff too. I have ordered several pairs of shoes and I think I am going to keep the Asics Kayanos and return the rest. I got a workout top at Costco but I think I need a few more plus two more sports bras.
    DD
    DS

BDKmom is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Jan 2014 workout check-in!

DH and I started P90X3. We are half way through the third week and are both doing pretty well. I have lost 5 lbs and DH has lost 6. We both are already seeing improvement in our stamina and balance. The program is 6 days/week with each day being a different workout. The variety has really helped me. So far we have missed 2 days due to sick kids, but we both are a lot more committed to this than we have been to anything in a while. It helps that we are both making it a priority, so we help each other make it happen. We usually don't work out together (we really don't have the room), so I keep the kids out of his hair while he works out and he does the same for me.

I already feel such a sense of accomplishment for what we have done so far. My overall attitude is better and my energy levels are much better.

ETA: My goal is to lose around 7 more lbs and tone my mid section.
    Last edited by BDKmom; 01-21-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am doing the elliptical every day for 50-60 minutes. I am also doing pilates once or twice a week.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow you guys all sound amazing.

Just wondering what your typical workout schedule is like? How do u get 5 or 6 workout s in one week?

For me I do a mix of evenings and mornings and weekend
    Eg. Monday evening after work, wed morning at 6am before work, then once on weekend while dh ia with the kids. Right now I find it harder to do much more than that...it ia just so hard with an unpredictable schedule
    Though you guys have motivated me try adding an elliptical workout in there as that can be done from home and requires no extra prior planning/packing.

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am working out 6 days a week. I had basically taken a work out break, effectively, from June - December after we decided to put our house on the market, and it sold and we moved. I got back into working out the day after Christmas and it feels so good. Right now I am doing a spinning bike/exercise bike I have at home for 45 min or an hour every day. I do it at 6 am while DD gets up and gets ready for school and my DH is still there. I need to work in weights again, but just the bike is helping curb my appetite some and most importantly, help my stress/mood.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've been doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred for 19 days now. I've only missed one day (I should be at day 20 today). But I am pretty psyched about being on day 19. I think this is the furthest I have ever gotten. I've also been trying to use my elliptical machine a few days a week too.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast