Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    Just wondering what your typical workout schedule is like? How do u get 5 or 6 workout s in one week?

...that can be done from home and requires no extra prior planning/packing.
    For me, the second part is how I do it. I work out at home. No way could I get to a gym more than once or twice a week. The convenience factor of popping in a DVD is the only way it works for me at this point. I'm sure when the kids are older I'll have more flexibility. Right now I can workout while DD takes a nap or after the kids are in bed.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I wake up at 5 am to work out during the week. During the weekend, I do pilates at 8 am on Saturdays, fit in the elliptical whenever I can in the day between the kids' activities and on Sunday, I work out when I wake up. We have an elliptical in our basement. The pilates studio is only 10 minutes away so I'm not even gone that long!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

During the week, I go to the gym right after I drop off the kids at daycare. I shower at the gym. On the weekends I go after DH finishes his workout (he does p90x3 at home). We all have to work together to make sure that I have time to work out. The girls go to daycare a little earlier than they used to and I go to work at 9 instead of 8:30. DH has to be on bard because he has to do pick up so I can work later since I go in later. Exercising and fitness is a high priority for both of us so we make it work.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm training for a 10k in April so I have been running 4 days a week. That's all I can really fit in at the point. I would love to do some weight training but I don't know when I would fit that in. I typically go to the gym after work at 4:30 before I pick up the kids so I only have about an hour.
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone. yeah i think the key here is to go to bed early so i can wake up early and get my workout done then. i went to bed at 12:15 last night (doh!) so clearly i'm not with the program (though i partially blame that on the workout..if i workout at night, it's often harder for me to go to sleep, as i feel really "pumped" for hours afterwards).

tomorrow though i will be waking up at 530 to go to a 6am class. it's only 10 minutes away thankfully. it's done at 7 and i shower there and i'm out by 730. i would get to work by 8:10 if not for having to stop for breakfast as i'm usually starving, and i do paleo so i can't do sandwiches or other "quick" things. that's the other annoying thing..when i work out int he mornings i have to bring breakfast AND lunch. So many things to pack!!

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm on week 3 of a C210K program. I decided with a few friends to do the 10K at Disneyland in August. Some of the others are doing the half marathon, but I'm SO not a runner and hope that the 10K will work out for me.

I've been working on losing weight for the past 10 mos or so, and having the elliptical at home is definitely integral to my success. I'd be up the creek w/o it! I use it 6-7x per week. I will never be the get up early to workout type, so on weekdays it's sometime after work, on weekends it's during the day when DS is napping. My motivation is food--I track in MFP and I totally depend on those extra exercise calories!

chiisai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm working out 3 times a week before work. Basic stuff, elliptical for 30 min then various stationary weights and crunches for 15. It's ali I can make time for right now. It gives me slow but steady results. Plus I get to read for half an hour those days, total bonus. I definitely feel better doing it so I am going to try to keep it up.
    Deal-hunting mom to a 2006 and a 2010

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I started running/walking when DS rides his bike to school. It's 2 miles round trip, so far I've only run/walked the 1 mile there and I walk 1 mile home as it's uphill. I started the C to 5K app today, I only did it on way to school and walked home. I'm going to have to work up to this. I'm also going to start strength training with Jillian Michaels' No more trouble zone 2 times a week. Dh and I try to get to a tai chi class on the weekend.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do 3 lifting workouts a week and try to also do a metabolic once (cardio with weights, short and TOUGH). I usually do two during the week at 4 or 5pm because I'm done with work by 3 and my son gets home at 3:30. I do the third and the metabolic on the weekend, or the metabolic during the week, late again. 5pm seems to be the best time for me. I have a home gym.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast