Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Wow! Looks like everybody is up to a good start.

I needed a kickstart to lose this baby weight. So I joined a 8 week challenge called "Metamorphasis" at a local gym. The winner is detemined by an overall transformation and wins a getaway vacation trip for 2. This involves 3 bootcamps/week + supplements + eating high protein/low crab whole foods + 1 fasting day /week. I am on week 2 and haven't seen major progress yet, but I am feeling good. Along with this personally I am trying to get in some cardio on non-bootcamp days.

Its been hard making it to workouts at the gym, meal planning, cooking and figuring out all these supplements. Thanks to my friend who is in the same program for keeping me motivated! I wouldlike to do morning workouts but between DH leaving early and nanny coming, I can't fit it in. So it has to be in the evening at 5:30. try to get in cardio during lunch at work, but that dosen't always happen.
    DD 04/2008
    DS 06/2012

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    thanks everyone. yeah i think the key here is to go to bed early so i can wake up early and get my workout done then. i went to bed at 12:15 last night (doh!) so clearly i'm not with the program (though i partially blame that on the workout..if i workout at night, it's often harder for me to go to sleep, as i feel really "pumped" for hours afterwards).

So many things to pack!!
    1st part: I am strictly an am person just because of a complete lack of motivation to do anything in the evenings. DH, however, can do weights in the evenings and does so 3x week in our basement after the bedtime routine. However, he cannot do any cardio because it messes with his sleep. This is a person who can fall asleep anywhere at anytime normally ... but he has to do his running in the am or else he just cannot fall asleep for hours.

2nd part: This was why I couldn't do the gym in the am when I was working, but it was packing the clothes, not food that got me! I always forgot something. It was inefficient for me. I always had to w/o at home before work (after work was not an option).

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I work out 5 days a week and take Fridays and Sundays off. I run three days and do pilates two days. I vary my mid-week runs between 3 and 6 miles, and then go long on the weekends. The only way for me to squeeze it in is to be out the door by 6am. Over the summer and fall, a friend and I would run at 5am and then hit the grocery store at 6am. I would be home and unpacking groceries by the time DH left for work. I do want to find a different work out or new pilates class - I feel like I've plateaued a bit with what I've been doing.

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I bought 3 yoga groupons this week. Does that count as working out?

Sigh. I need to get back into a routine. That's always the hardest for me. I want to start running again, but the weather has just been so lousy. I also really need to see my pulmonologist b/c my asthma meds just are not working lately. There's just something about not being able to breathe that takes the fun out of running.

I also need to pick a day and GO to one of the yoga classes. I'm really nervous about one b/c it's a hot yoga studio. But, I've always been intrigued, and it was pretty cheap for 1 month, so worth a try.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I went to spinning today. I usually work 4-5 times a week. I do TRX, Spinning and workout with a trainer once a week. This week is sort of a bust because I will not be able to do TRX because I have scheduling conflicts . I've been good about exercising for a while, it is the eating that I have to work on!

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    I'm on week 3 of a C210K program. I decided with a few friends to do the 10K at Disneyland in August. Some of the others are doing the half marathon, but I'm SO not a runner and hope that the 10K will work out for me.
    I'm planning to do the 10k at Disneyland too. My sister just did the tinker bell 1/2 marathon on Sunday.
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I run 3x a week and do the stationary bike 1-2x most weeks.

My goals are to run 500 mi this year, including a half-marathon in the fall. This would not be much for some people, but 1 year ago I could not run a mile without stopping. Now, I can run 7!

I am also playing around with the 30 day plank challenge. I am on day 10. Amazing what it can do, even though I usually just do 1-2 reps in addition to my other workout. My core is much stronger, which really just goes to show that it was really weak before!

Last year, I lost 20 lbs, which was the residual from having the 2 kids and never really getting back into shape. I am now back at the weight that I was when I graduated from HS, college, and when I met DH. I'd like to maintain that! My mom (70 years old) is the same weight she was at 25, and she looks great for 70 and is so energetic. I want to be like that one day!
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm really trying to stay active this pregnancy. I didn't work out at all in my first 2 pregnancies. I worked so hard in 2013 to lose the last 10 lbs of baby weight plus an addition 5 pounds. I've been doing pilates 2x a week although I may be coming to the end of that (the belly is too big!). The pilates class is pretty intense and gets my heart rate up. I do the elliptical at least 2x a week at the gym for 50-60 min, sometimes it's 3x a week. I like to watch tv episodes on my ipad while on the elliptical. It keeps me from getting bored!

On days that I can't make it to the gym, I try and get 10,000 steps a day (measured by my FitBit. I think I get there 6 out of 7 days a week.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Grocery shopping and preschooler wrangling have been all the working out I've been getting in lately.

And I shoveled snow yesterday, but it barely counts - we got a lot, but it was light & powdery, so it wasn't particularly challenging.

I am going to re-commit to TurboFire this weekend, after getting fitted for new running shoes. Starting on a Sunday will help get me into a real schedule.

Once I feel more fit, I may add Couch to 5K.

And I'd like to run a half marathon before I'm 40.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lcarlson90 View Post
    I'm planning to do the 10k at Disneyland too. My sister just did the tinker bell 1/2 marathon on Sunday.
    Yay! Hopefully it won't be too hot!

We were there on Monday and saw lots of people in their Tink Half marathon shirts and I got pretty excited about it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast