Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Wow awesome ladies!!

I have been trying to lose weight seriously now for several years but due to hormonal imbalances it has been very very hard although I haven't lost much nor have I gained so that is a plus! I have been doing different exercise Jillian's DVD, Shaun T DVDs, treadmill regularly, c25k with an increase of stamina but no weight lose!

So for 2014 I am on my second week of a 10 week the MAX Challenge....5 Xs a week workout for 45 mins each day focus on different areas my favorite so far has been Fridays when we do boxing! I decided to go to the 5 am class because of the kids morning routine (3 different schools and start times and a DH who is traveling or out of of town about 85 % of the time if not more!) although I could do their 9:30 class it would have taken a big chunk of my morning away to run errands and clean the house! Getting up for 4:30 has been hard and tiring but it is nice to have the exercise done with first thing in the morning!

I have been incorporating a lot if their nutrition into my daily routine although I had made lots of positive changes already lowering my sugar intake and carbs as well as my milk/dairy consumption and processed foods and increased my/our vegetables portions over the past 18 months due to BBB and MyFitnessPal ( Thanks for all the support and encouragement ladies!!) but I just cannot seem or I guess I refuse to get rid of my French cheese, fruit, and Greek yogurt...for more than a couple of days....I have been told it is only for 10 weeks but I couldn't even do whole30! I am very frustrated with myself but I try to make positive choices everyday!

Best of luck to everyone for 2014!!

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    1st part: I am strictly an am person just because of a complete lack of motivation to do anything in the evenings. DH, however, can do weights in the evenings and does so 3x week in our basement after the bedtime routine. However, he cannot do any cardio because it messes with his sleep. This is a person who can fall asleep anywhere at anytime normally ... but he has to do his running in the am or else he just cannot fall asleep for hours.

2nd part: This was why I couldn't do the gym in the am when I was working, but it was packing the clothes, not food that got me! I always forgot something. It was inefficient for me. I always had to w/o at home before work (after work was not an option).
    I too am totally an AM person. If I plan a PM workout I am 90% more likely to flake. I actually set my alarm so the only thing I have time to do is get on my gym clothes, get the girls ready and go. Otherwise, I know I would make excuses.

I have been on the losing side of forgetting to pack something in my gym bag (I remember a day going completely commando at work due to forgetfulness), but over time I have 1) gotten much better at remembering what to pack and 2) started keeping spares of certain essentials at my desk at work.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ok, thought i'd update..managed to get my 3 workouts in this week (all classes at yoga/pilates studio). today i went to a hot yoga class and it was tough yet very relaxing at the same time. and bonus - today i earned my 50-class wristband!! w00t w00t! i signed up in August so it's nto that impressive but 2 of those months i only could work out once a week or so as that was admist DH's crazy insane travel (which is thankfully, no more!!).

anyway my goal for now is to keep doing 3 classes a week plus maybe add in elliptical workout in there.

I got in 5 workouts this week. 3 of them were my couch 2 5k plus body weight based strength training and 2 were cardio and weight lifting. I'm seriously considering hiring a trainer to help me improve with my weight training. I couldn't work out on Tuesday because it snowed and everything was shut down
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

I've been workout out for one week now seriously. 30 day Shred 5 days this week , c25k 4 days & walking.

I have to get up before the kids to get it done, which is something I haven't done before. I have to get it done first thing or it doesn't get done.
    Mama to 3

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Got in every day except Monday. Wed. was a great workout. Everything just felt good. I almost skipped it but so glad I didn't. I love workouts like that.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Got a little sidetracked this week due to DS being sick one day and DH being sick all weekend, but still got in 4 of my 6 workouts. Started this week off right by working out tonight after the kids went down. We are doing pretty well with the healthier eating we committed to at the beginning of the year, which I'm very proud of us for. I will say that this is the farthest into January I have ever made it with the same level of commitment as when I started the new year.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I almost skipped it but so glad I didn't. I love workouts like that.
    YES!! the yoga studio i go to put one of those e-cards on FB that said "i totally regret doing my hot yoga workout this morning ...said no one ever." So true!!

last night got my gym bag packed and am ready to head over there after work today.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How do you like P90X3? I have been doing P90X for a few years now and really love it (I do about 4 of the discs - not all of them). But I'm a little bored. I bought P90X2 a year ago, but didn't like it at all, and sold it on craigslist. But would love to hear if the third time is the charm!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post
    How do you like P90X3? I have been doing P90X for a few years now and really love it (I do about 4 of the discs - not all of them). But I'm a little bored. I bought P90X2 a year ago, but didn't like it at all, and sold it on craigslist. But would love to hear if the third time is the charm!
    I am enjoying it so far. Just finishing up the first block. I have never done the others, so don't really have a comparison. I like that the workouts are only 30 minutes and that I do something different every day. I really enjoy the workouts that are more cardio focused or integrate weights with cardio, but the balance/yoga stuff I'm having a hard time getting into. I think partly that's because of my overall fitness level--while I'm not horribly overweight, my strength, especially in my upper body, is pathetic. I do see myself improving, though, so I'm sticking with it for now.

If you have any specific questions about the workouts, I'd be happy to answer the best I can.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast