Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Are there any triple joggers out there?

What are my options for a triple jogging stroller? I love my Duallie but just found out that surprise baby #3 is coming. I will have 3 under 3 ... slightly terrified as this was not planned.

I know I can't jog til the youngest is 1 but I want to start looking at some options as I plan to walk a lot on our terrible sidewalks until that point. I know of the ABC Adventure Buggy which looks great and would be nice if I only have 2 kids with me but not sure if you can jog with it set up as a triple. I don't really know of any others though besides cheapies that I saw on CL that kinda look crappy. I am a bigtime push snob.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Congratulations on Baby # 3! Mountain Buggy used to make a triple jogger.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

congrats mama!

we just sold our triple jogger a few months ago. it was a Baby Jogger Q series. i dont' think they make them anymore, but we found ours on CL in colorado. it has 4 wheels, fixed in the front. has the usual BJ fold and it is WIDE. (but did fit in the back of our suburban). i'm not sure you would like it push wise, as fixed front wheels = harder to turn when walking but for running with that many little ones, its great.

with the terrible sidewalks, the triple jogger would likely be too wide. dh would run with it on the side of the road (not busy, more like neighborhood streets).

maybe a valco tri mode EX twin? http://www.valcobaby.com/products/st...e-ex-twin.html it comes with an optional 3rd seat.

and get your oldest a balance bike. by the time ds was 3, he could maneuver the balance bike really well on our trail, so i just had to push a double.

also, for getting exercise, a baby carrier + double stroller is a great option. and a bike/seat/trailer will give you a good workout. our trailer has a nice sling that reclines a bit. and you can get a good infant insert. i started with dd in it at about 6 months, on the trail. (its soft surface, bike/runners only, flat and low speed, so i'm fine with it). the trailer is a smoother ride then the jogging stroller was.

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    congrats mama!

we just sold our triple jogger a few months ago. it was a Baby Jogger Q series. i dont' think they make them anymore, but we found ours on CL in colorado. it has 4 wheels, fixed in the front. has the usual BJ fold and it is WIDE. (but did fit in the back of our suburban). i'm not sure you would like it push wise, as fixed front wheels = harder to turn when walking but for running with that many little ones, its great.

with the terrible sidewalks, the triple jogger would likely be too wide. dh would run with it on the side of the road (not busy, more like neighborhood streets).

maybe a valco tri mode EX twin? http://www.valcobaby.com/products/st...e-ex-twin.html it comes with an optional 3rd seat.

and get your oldest a balance bike. by the time ds was 3, he could maneuver the balance bike really well on our trail, so i just had to push a double.

also, for getting exercise, a baby carrier + double stroller is a great option. and a bike/seat/trailer will give you a good workout. our trailer has a nice sling that reclines a bit. and you can get a good infant insert. i started with dd in it at about 6 months, on the trail. (its soft surface, bike/runners only, flat and low speed, so i'm fine with it). the trailer is a smoother ride then the jogging stroller was.

Lol, I have three munchkins too and I have briefly considered the triple stroller. But then I did the math on how much I'd be pushing, lol. Mine are older but don't ride bikes yet (one has autism and has a phobia of his bike, the other can't be trusted to be on his without a parent holding him, and then a 2 year old that is glued to me). I briefly considered a bakfiet but I would have no place to store it (still, I'd love one!). Back to helping you--I know our craigslist has had the Baby Jogger triple and the Mountain Buggy triple. Good luck and happy hunting!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

YES!! Baby Jogger Q series triple was our big one! It was fine for walking around the n'hood. Turning anywhere, not so much. What did work well for us (with 3 in 36 mos) was a Baby Jogger City Elite Double with a valco hitchhiker board on the back and an Ergo stuffed down below. that gave me 4 different spots for people (5 if you count the footrest as another seat for the 3yo.) Being able to move people around made a huge difference. Sadly, I sold that stroller tonight, along with the board. It's going to be a wild ride for a year or so, but so much fun once you can breathe again! Congratulations!! (My vote is a great all-terrain double that folds well, plus a ride on board and a versatile carrier so you can wear even the oldest when needed.)

I found a BJ triple and an ABC. I think I am leaning toward the ABC so that I have a double for when my oldest goes to preschool. I also like that one can parent face with me. I'm not crazy about the Joey seat for exercise on the Valco's and while I like to babywear, I live in Texas and it's just not feasible outside in the summertime. I would love to keep the Duallie but I doubt my hubby will go for that. I just don't think my oldest will ride a bike, sit in a footwell or ride on a board for an hour everyday. That just doesn't seem practical. Walks are my "me" time when the kids just chill in the stroller so I'm pretty set on having all 3 seated.

I do have a bike trailer now but it's a 2 seater.

I know it's pricey, but maybe you could trade in your bike trailer and Duallie for the Chariot Chinook 2, it seats 3 with a car seat that faces you on top. But you probably wouldn't want to keep the baby in the car seat for more than 20 min. I use it for my two and five year old.

Congrats! I had three under three too (though mine were 21 months and newborn twins). It was a lot of work but you get the hang of it! I never had a triple. I had a double and would put two in the double and carry one. When DD1 was older she sat in the footwell (we had a Chariot) and got out and walked next to me on the hills. We live in a very hilly area and I had a difficult enough time pushing the double up hills; I know I would not have made it with a triple!

The Chariots do look awesome except I feel like by age 1, I'm already in a predicament needing another option. I found one for $799 on Amazon though which is really tempting. My husband would probably be pretty happy to only have 1 large stroller device in the garage but I am just reluctant to give up the stroller for some reason.

Luckily where we live it's completely flat. Like literally there are zero hills so I am hoping a triple won't be that bad. Hopefully....

Ya, it would definitely be a short term solution. I did notice there was an ABC triple on eBay right now, that would be perfection for 3 under 3! I had one of those too at one point ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast