Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Rock n Play from start

I starting using the Rock n Play for night sleep when DD was 5 weeks old and it was fantastic. Is there any reason I can't use it from the very start with the new baby at night? I have the deluxe padded version and it never affected DD's head, I know that's a possible concern with the harder backed version.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used it from the start and transitioned to the crib by 6 weeks. It is great for a newborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used it from the start with ds2, and would do it again. He did have some flat head issues, but there were a few different factors that all contributed.

I have it downstairs for the baby's naps and long stretch of rest, as I already had a cradle to use in our bedroom. Go for it ! It's what I did, started using pack & play immediately coming home from the hospital with both DS.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

I used it for DD2 as a newborn, no problem. She usually just napped in it. At night, she slept in an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper. But we loved the Rock N' Play
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

I used the Rock N' Play from the start until my DD was 6 weeks. She also had issues with flat head so I'm not sure what was the cause. Otherwise, she did great and slept very well in it.

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

For the posters with the flat head issues, did you have a regular or deluxe version? I had DD in the RNP from 5 weeks until 5 months and she was fine, but it is on the back of my mind. I do have a Co Sleeper I could use, but DD slept so much better in the RNP due to spitting up badly and I loved being able to rock her from my bed and have her a little more upright.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

My DS slept in his from birth to four months. We had the basic one and no issues with flat head.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    My DS slept in his from birth to four months. We had the basic one and no issues with flat head.
    Same with us.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

We had the regular one. My DD has a large head which probably contributed to her flat head. It was symmetrical and didn't need any type of remediation. I'm not certain it had anything to do with the Rock N Play.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast