Amy G is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Lightweight Umbrella Stroller

We recently purchased the First Years Jet Stroller for traveling, but I am returning it because the seatback is really too short for a 2-year old. Her head sticks out the top quite a bit now, so I did not think this was the best stroller for us. I am now looking into possibly purchasing the Maclaren Volo because I have read that the seatback is 2 inches taller, and is 3 pounds lighter! I don't want to spend a lot of money since we use the City Mini normally, but do want something she will comfortable in while traveling. Any suggestions other than the Volo that wont cost a lot? Thanks!

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

is it mostly for inside? the volo has pretty tiny wheels. I love my mac quest for travel, but its its heavier then the volo.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would just travel with the city mini. It is so light and easy to travel with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    I would just travel with the city mini. It is so light and easy to travel with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. We have both an umbrella and a BJCM but generally travel with the BJCM because it's so easy to push with one hand and it folds so easily. I love the huge sunshade and the basket space is useful too.

Amy G is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

This stroller would be for Hawaii and Disneyland this year, and as a spare for our other car. My concern with the City Mini is it's weight and having it get damaged while flying.

Your BJCM would be absolutely perfect for Hawaii and Disney. You're really going to want to have the basket, generous sunshade, slightly bigger wheels, and recline that an umbrella stroller won't be able to give you.

That said, if you really don't want to take your BJCM, Volo's are very decent no-frills strollers. I had one for years and it could take a beating. I wouldn't want to use it at Disneyland though - definitely not enough sun protection. Maybe rent a BJCM there?
    Last edited by hihellonikki; 01-25-2014 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Adding more info

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

How about a valco snap?

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)