Default A "Healthy You" keep or toss

I was just looking under my sink for something and came across a box of tampons. I'm not a tampon user but keep them on hand for the rare instance that I need one for something like swimming. It's once in a blue moon that I would need one. So I have a small box, all individually wrapped, and it's marked expiration sometime in 2009. Do tampons really expire? Should I toss these and just buy a new box if I ever happen to need one? Of course the issue there is with planning ahead. What do you think: keep or toss?
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

I'd keep. I had absolutely no idea that tampons had an expiration date! Unless they have some sort of chemical treatment like scent or something, they should just be made of cotton. Cotton doesn't expire, to my knowledge.

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would definitely keep.

Thanks, I think they just like to put expirations on everything. I was in a toss everything mood but there are really bigger fish to fry around here than a tiny expired (for no good reason it sounds like) box under my sink. I'll leave them and save myself a trip to the store in two years
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wouldn't even think to look for a date. If I found a random box in the back of my cabinet, I'd use. They really have gone expiration crazy.

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just got my period back after weaning DD2. It's been 29 months since my last period! I didn't think twice about using the tampons I found in my closet. I'm sure they're fine.

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would keep - I'm on seasonale so only get 4 periods a year that are super short but when OB tampons became impossible to find I found Walgreens sold a generic version on clearance ... I bought at least half a dozen boxes. I'm still using them!