Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'll add these to the suggestions

Cora
    Nora
    Hazel
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i love Fern or Ivy or Wren or Hazel.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

coolae is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I do really love my daughters' names which makes this very difficult because I want something as unique and beautiful as theirs! Sariana touched on something I've been thinking about which is how the name should end. I do think something with an -y or -ie or -ene would go well with the sibling names since it is different. BUT, it seems like most of the names I like the most (like Nina) end in an -a, which Greta's already does. Do you ladies think of that as an insurmountable problem? I just don't want two of the names to sound too similar...

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    Oh, I like Jolene!
    It's so funny, I've been thinking "wow, people wouldn't name someone Sybil because of that ancient movie?" But then I see Jolene and thought "who would name someone Jolene? She's the hussy in that Dolly Parton song!"

How about Jolie? I have a friend named that and always thought it was pretty. Or Josie (Josephine). I think Jolie and Josie work as the kid sister name.

I also agree with Green Tea that Fern lacks a musical graceful quality that Greta and Adelle have. I really like those names.

OK, sorry for the free association post, but I think the reason Fern doesn't match is because Adelle and Greta sound vaguely European, like they go to a Swiss boarding school. Fern just goes to regular public school (not slagging public schools! My whole family went/goes to public schools!).

More suggestions
    Marguerite
    Lillian
    Iliana (love this!)
    Elsa
    Brigitte/Brigid
    Sabrina
    Sabine
    Annabella

ETA: both of my DDs names end with "a". Not a problem at all! As long as they don't rhyme, or start with the same letter it's no big deal.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 01-26-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by coolae View Post
    I do really love my daughters' names which makes this very difficult because I want something as unique and beautiful as theirs! Sariana touched on something I've been thinking about which is how the name should end. I do think something with an -y or -ie or -ene would go well with the sibling names since it is different. BUT, it seems like most of the names I like the most (like Nina) end in an -a, which Greta's already does. Do you ladies think of that as an insurmountable problem? I just don't want two of the names to sound too similar...
    I don't think that it is insurmountable if the initial vowel sound is different (Greta and Nina) OR if they have a different number of syllables (Greta and Eliza).
    Green Tea, mom to three

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    It's so funny, I've been thinking "wow, people wouldn't name someone Sybil because of that ancient movie?" But then I see Jolene and thought "who would name someone Jolene? She's the hussy in that Dolly Parton song!"

How about Jolie? I have a friend named that and always thought it was pretty. Or Josie (Josephine). I think Jolie and Josie work as the kid sister name.

I also agree with Green Tea that Fern lacks a musical graceful quality that Greta and Adelle have. I really like those names.

OK, sorry for the free association post, but I think the reason Fern doesn't match is because Adelle and Greta sound vaguely European, like they go to a Swiss boarding school. Fern just goes to regular public school (not slagging public schools! My whole family went/goes to public schools!).

More suggestions
    Marguerite
    Lillian
    Iliana (love this!)
    Elsa
    Brigitte/Brigid
    Sabrina
    Sabine
    Annabella
    Brigitte is GORGEOUS. Adelle, Greta, and Brigitte sound like a triple threat .
    Green Tea, mom to three

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I will admit, I don't love it. I do like Adelle and Greta quite a bit. Those don't sound old lady to me, more movie star glam. Fern seems very plain to me. Plus it reminds me of Vern.

I like Sybil the best out of your current choices.
    word for word.

What about Sylvie or Sylvia? It seems similar to your older girls' names, and I think it's lovely. I wanted to name dd2 Sylvia but DH vetoed it.

coolae is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have the feeling my husband would love Brigitte...y'all are good baby namers!!!

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I will admit, I don't love it. I do like Adelle and Greta quite a bit. Those don't sound old lady to me, more movie star glam. Fern seems very plain to me. Plus it reminds me of Vern.

I like Sybil the best out of your current choices.
    I agree entirely with the thorough analysis by TF and Green Tea. Of the names that have come up so far, my favorites to go with your DD's names are Nina, Stella and Sylvie.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There was a little girl names Jolie in DS's baby class. It actually means "pretty" in French.

Is Brigitte pronounced BRIDGE-It or Bridge-EET? That would be my concern with that name.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast