Default City Mini Double VS City Mini GT Double for Disney

I am debating a city mini vs GT double to rent for our disney trip. Main riders are DS2 & DD at 4 yo and 32/33lbs and 39-40in. My older DS may hop a ride occasionally - 45lbs, maybe 46in, not sure. I was planning on the GT, but am concerned about the size of it for the buses at disney. Are my kids too big for us to enjoy the city mini? Is it worth the hassle on the buses to get the GT?

TIA!!
    Patti

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The GT is the same size as the mini, but a bit heavier/taller with the bigger AT tires. I have no idea about taking it in buses but if you have to fold it, I might opt for the regular mini since it's lighter and therefore easier to fold-and-heft than the GT. You don't really need the AT tires at disney since everything is paved...though they are nice

My kids were EXACTLY that big when we went to DL last year and they fit great in the city mini double GT that we rented. We never had to fold it because we stayed on property and didn't ride the monorail or any buses though. We met up with some friends and they had a 45 lb 47 in-tall 7yo who hopped a ride for a few min, and it worked
    Last edited by twowhat?; 01-28-2014 at 10:08 PM.