theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Help me pick out what may be my *last* stroller!

I'm due with DC #3 in 3 months. We have a Bob Dualie and a single Bob. I also have a snap and go and a BJCM (that I have listed on CL).

What I'm looking for:
    - suitable for walks from the beginning. this is almost all on streets and fairly smooth sidewalks
    - parent facing
    - great sunshade
    - amazing push
    - can be used as a car stroller and for travel

Our strollers mainly live in our garage. We have never really had much use for a car stroller as we walk most places. I mostly take the kids on errands and then the baby will be in a carrier and eventually a shopping cart. We rarely go to the mall. However, it will be good to have an option that can go in the car. It will have to fit behind the 3rd row of my SUV.

This is likely our last child so I really have an itch for a new stroller and I want to love it. I was thinking about the Bee but I'm not sure it's worth the price tag vs. the Versa. Should i consider a BJ City Select so I can add the 2nd seat for my 3 year old, if needed? FWIW, she never rides in a stroller when we are out and about today (using the car). Only when we are walking to the park or somewhere where we leave the car at home. I had a b-ready and it was way too heavy for me to get in and out of the car on a regular basis.

So what should I get? Enable me please
    Last edited by theriviera; 01-30-2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: add more info
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Versa would have been my first suggestion. That's what I have currently, with the gt tires and love it. Either that or the Bee would fit your criteria (if the Bee would only be used for walking on flat terrain). I don't think either have an awesome canopy when reclined, but you can get something like the snoozeshade for the versa or the breezy canopy for the bee for full coverage during the summer months. The Uppababy Cruz might be a good option also. It doesn't fold parent-facing like the bee or versa but has a great canopy and can be used from birth with the snugseat insert I believe. The Bee recline is not totally flat but I think is suitable to use right away with a snuzzler. And I think you can use a Uppababy snugseat with the Versa to make the seat flatter, or so I've heard. The Versa has an optional bassinet, or you can buy the Britax carseat adapter and use a less expensive B-ready bassinet on it. Same with the Bee. And all 3 strollers can be used with a riding board for your 3 yr old, if you don't think you really need a full-time seat for her.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

Thank you! I think I may pull the trigger.
    Do you think $300 is a good price?
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

i'm also wondering if i should consider the select. this would mainly be used as a single but i would bring the double for things like disney or longer day outings. is it worth the extra size?
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just got a versa amd its big! How old is your older child? My ds is 3 and he likds to sit on the front axel and hitch a ride, when the seat if rfing. I would not want to use anything bigger then the versa as a single.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

DC #2 is 3 so she could always just hitch a ride. I think I may order the versa! Do you like it?
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

We got a Bee, thinking it would be the last stroller. Uh, no. Now I have to buy a double! Love the Bee though. Awesome push. We have used it on vacation (even at Disney), and it's been great.

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I had a Bee and sold it to get a Versa. I loved the Bee but the wheels weren't big enough for our semi rural area and the ability to attach the Uppababy rumble seat to the Versa just sold me. I love the stroller and it's about as perfect as I think it's going to get for me right now. I would love to go back to the Bee when I only have 1 rider but unfortunately, I think that's never going to happen for me with 3 kids under 3.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

HipMama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I love my Bee. It's awesome. My fave stroller ever. You can find them used for a great price on the StrollerQueen stroller swap FB group.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ebp913 View Post
    I had a Bee and sold it to get a Versa. I loved the Bee but the wheels weren't big enough for our semi rural area and the ability to attach the Uppababy rumble seat to the Versa just sold me. I love the stroller and it's about as perfect as I think it's going to get for me right now. I would love to go back to the Bee when I only have 1 rider but unfortunately, I think that's never going to happen for me with 3 kids under 3.
    wait...you can use the UppaBaby Vista rumble seat on the versa????? do you have any pics?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)