Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Did you only have the Magic Bands, and not KTTW in addition? We went in October, and had both, which was the best of both worlds. If I had to choose between the bands and the old FP system, the latter would win for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    Did you only have the Magic Bands, and not KTTW in addition? We went in October, and had both, which was the best of both worlds. If I had to choose between the bands and the old FP system, the latter would win for sure!
    You can get a card if you prefer one, but you are limited to one set of FP+ options per park ticket regardless of what you choose. If you use the card, I don't think you can pre-select your FP+ options, nor can you modify them on the app. You'll have to wait in line for a kiosk.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa...se-magic-band/

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

We used the card for the old-school FPs, and the bands for FP+. Are the ticket-dispensing FP machines all gone now? Say it isn't so!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes, as of right now, you cannot use the old FP machines. It is FP+ only. The machines are still there, just covered up. It wouldn't surprise me if at some point they allow paper FP as well in some form.

Our situation was a little complicated because we bought annual passes. So we actually had bands AND a plastic ticket. But once we linked the number on the pass to our reservation using the MDE app, we didn't need the plastic card anymore. EXCEPT if we wanted to get an AP discount anywhere, then we needed to have the plastic card.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ugh, this is one reason that I'm not totally upset that we did not do disney last yr or this yr. We too had the FP system down, and this new FP sound super dumbed down and limiting. We hope to make one more trip sometime in the next couple of yrs, but I am really hoping by then, that they have figured out all of the bugs. I have heard many similar experiences to the OP's on some other disney forums. It seems like nobody really likes the new system and there are too many technical issues. I would have been livid to find out that they allowed my children to have charging privileges, esp since I wouldn't put it past my kids to lose their bracelet!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm 60 days today and am trying to make selections. I am assuming we'll change them, but since I don't know if they'll open early booking to offsite guests, or make other changes, like adding Tiers to MK, I want to get them done today.

What a huge pain in the butt! There are 6 steps to pick them, but you can only choose 1 of 4 time options that they generate. So, pick the best one, then there are 5 steps to change each one to the times you really want. Pay attention to the order and where the slots are because you can't make them overlap, etc. Awful. I've done 3 days worth in about 1.5 hours trying to get times that work for us. Granted, that was in the morning getting kids to school, etc, but it's a lot of steps to do anything.
    Kris

Yes, it's awful.

The more you do it, the easier it is. But figuring it out on the fly in the park was not fun!!! And I would have never known that you could re-book an unused FP if a helpful cast member at a ride hadn't told us about it!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Is changing them on the app while you're there any easier?
    Kris

I don't know if it's easier or not. I have actually only ever done it using the app. I guess after doing it a few times, it felt easier.

What I found to be the biggest pain is you can't change the ride/experience AND the timeframe window in the same step. So every time you want to change to a new FP item, it's always a 2 step process. And in the parks, sometimes you lose wireless and then you have to start all over. PITA.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have purchased tickets, but we are not staying on site. Can I still use FP+?

I need to get on it, but was thinking I could still use the old system once I got there if I didn't do FP+. Sounds like that may not be possible. Ugh!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast