Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post

When the kids are older, there a lot more options. But most hotel "kid clubs" don't start until the kids are 4 and potty trained. And they are often extra $$ and not cheap!
    I've found that too. But the Franklyn D. Resort in Jamaica sounds fantastic for childcare under age 5yo. The food gets great reviews but the rooms sound a bit dated with some old TVs and furnishings. Some Club Meds have baby clubs. The Club Med Sandpiper in Florida has one (which we used 4 or 5 times and loved it). I'm fairly certain the Club Med Ixtapa has a baby club and it was all refurbished in 2008 (maybe 2009? 2010? not sure). I think the Club Med Punta Cana kids clubs start at age 4yo, maybe 2yo which means you can pay a babysitter to take care of your baby in your room and the resort will provide the "Welcome baby" package (I think all Club Meds provide that unless it's an adults only CM), but there isn't a separate building for baby day-care until age 2 or 4.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

The reserve at paradisus punta cana kids club takes 2 year olds.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    The reserve at paradisus punta cana kids club takes 2 year olds.
    Georgiegirl, would you mind giving a review of the Reserve at Paradisus? You were just there, weren't you? we had been seriously considering going there until we realized the flight was too long. But we haven't ruled it out for the future.

How were the kids clubs? What were some of the activities they had for the different ages? How was the food? Rooms? Customer service? Was the beach calm or wavy/rough? Was it clean? Would you go back?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Georgiegirl, would you mind giving a review of the Reserve at Paradisus? You were just there, weren't you? we had been seriously considering going there until we realized the flight was too long. But we haven't ruled it out for the future.

How were the kids clubs? What were some of the activities they had for the different ages? How was the food? Rooms? Customer service? Was the beach calm or wavy/rough? Was it clean? Would you go back?
    I'm there now. Will review when I return. So far we are loving it.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Honestly, I would not spend that kind of money on an all inclusive with so many gorgeous resorts in the Caribbean which will likely cost less. I love Cap Juluca and La Samanna.

http://www.cntraveler.com/readers-ch...orts-caribbean
    Last edited by arivecchi; 02-05-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Honestly, I would not spend that kind of money on an all inclusive with so many gorgeous resorts in the Caribbean which will likely cost less. I love Cap Juluca and La Samanna.

http://www.cntraveler.com/readers-ch...orts-caribbean
    Those look lovely but maybe more of a romantic getaway for couples than for families? Can you tell me about any of the activities geared for kids that the resorts offer? The website for Cap Juluca said they offer kids' programs occasionally and La Samanna didn't say anything about kids. That is what Beaches, Club Med, Iberostar and other "family" resorts do exceptionally well. They really provide entertainment and activities for every member of the family.

Default alternative to Beaches, T&C

Club Med Punta Cana has a baby room - it's fairly new - well, 6 yrs? We've been lucky enough to have my parents take the whole family- we didn't go this past Winter break bcse the prices have gone up. We went on a Disney Cruise instead. anyway we've had wonderful experiences w/ the club med baby program & the kids club up to age 8 (that's how old my niece & ds were last time we went - we've been 2 times to club med Punta Cana)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    I couldn't stomach $14,000 for hotel/food for one week.
    This is definitely me. Just too spendy.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    going to look into that tonight. is club med kind of like beaches re: family oriented and AI? for some reason i always thought it was a singles resort. thanks!
    There are loads of Club meds. Some are geared more towards singles and others towards families. I haven't been, I just know about it because I was a flying trapeze artist and many coaches used to coach at Club Meds. As I mentioned, my friend has enjoyed taking her family to Ixtapa. They have 4, 10, and 13 year olds and it's worked for them enough to go back this year. I've never been to any AI resort so can't really comment on how they compare. It sounds like a great place with lots of activities though. Enjoy your vacation!
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Cap Juluca is great with kids if you want a relaxing vacation with them. They don't run a summer camp, but my idea of a vacation is spending time with them so I don't mind. Rooms are huge, beach is super calm and food is great. That's all I need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast