daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Trip to NYC with 7 year old DD

I am posting this in lounge b/c there seems more traffic here than in the Everything But Disney thread.
    I think we are going to NYC for a vacation this Spring. We have been there probably a hundred times b/t DH and I for work but never with DD. She is over the top excited to be going to this size city (she has been to Washington DC a lot but never NYC or Chicago, etc.). Any tips/must sees from those of you who have gone with kids?

We are deciding b/t staying at the New York Palace and the Waldorf... I have stayed at the latter as well as other nice hotels there but wanted DD to get the big-lobby-big-NY City feel. I think we will be there for 5 days.

We are going to see Cinderella on Broadway.

And other things we are planning to do are:
    - AG doll store (and FAO and TRU)
    - Empire State Building
    - Museum of Natural History
    - Central Park and the Zoo
    - ferry ride to Statue of Liberty
    - Rock Center (she is most exicted about meeting Al Roker and being there for the Today show).

For food, I know to take her to Dylans, but would also love any other recommendation. She is great in restaurants, but I haven't been there for a nice dinner out (other there for work dinners in conf rooms) in probably 8 years or more.

Thanks for any advice!

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

sorry wrong forum - and now I don't know how to delete it