Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Feb 2014 workout checkin!

Continuing from the January thread(can't believe it's Feb already!)

got 3 workouts in so far this week, Sunday, mon and today. During the week I've been going in th evenings as I still find it so hard to wake up early since its hard for me to go to bed early. i hope to try friday morning though. It is easier to go in the mornings but then I lose an hour of sleep (have to wake up at 530 instead of 630) plus I don't see the kids at all in the morning (I usually spend an hour with them in the mornings).

I did a hot Pilates class today and It really kicked my a$$ which i guess is good. It was like a regular pilates class but super intense. The teacher said though its one of the best classes to see results (eg on the tummy, etc) and I hope she is right. I imagine im going to be sore ...am scared to wake up tomorrow, lol.

I've finally gotten back to the gym after a huge long hiatus and have been mon-tues-wed so far. I signed the kids back up as members yesterday and they went to the older kids' club and ran like maniacs which helped considerably and then we went swimming a few minutes. It was awesome!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

2x this week; 2 more scheduled. I try to take Wed & Sundays off, but we have plans on Saturday so I will have to take off then too. DH and I have a bet going on # of workouts that ends next weekend so we've been having fun with that.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ms. Pacman, how does hot pilates work? Does the heat make you slide all over the reformer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm betting the Pilates was floor Pilates.

Our weather has sucked and school keeps getting delayed and canceled so gym has been more sporadic. But,still doing something 4 days/ week. Trying the recumbent bike now to see how my knee likes it. My knee and ankle are not good. I have to go in bc my normal routines are all off and I feel uninspired at the gym.

I did enjoy Zumba toning last week though. Too bad it's only offered once/ week. It was ok in the knee and fun

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

yep it was just mat Pilates (no reformer). the yoga studio temp is like ~90 degrees (which feels NICE now that it is so cold here..it has been in the teens/20s here which is cold for Texas). we have mats with a yoga mat towel which helps with the slipping/sliding. it was a lot of typical Pilates (planks, teaser, abs series, etc) but with some bootcamp-ish stuff thrown in (like planks on one hand, tricep dip, mountain climber). i used to do a lot of Pilates classes in grad school and then after i had just DS, and this was like that but turned up a few notches.

anyway, i am sooooooOo sore today. i guess that is good though.

Awesome job everyone!!!

Just finished Week 4 of a 10 Week Challenge.....working out 5Xs a week for 45 mins! I do the 5 AM session workout since everyone is still asleep and I get home to get everyone off to school. (So far have only missed one session due to the class being cancelled due to the weather!) This week I thought I was going to have to miss all my workouts because DH was traveling the entire week but both my older DCs said that I could leave the phone and the door of their rooms open and they would keep and "ear" out for the DS2 if he woke up for any reason before I was back and take care of him so that I could go do my workout! It was such a nice feeling to know they realized this was important to me and that they would do what they could to support me!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

you guys are inspirational! I've walked to school pickup 2x this week and I at least LOOKed to see when the awesome class is going at the gym we used to belong to. I know for next week .

Interesting. I did not know they had non-reformer pilates. My studio only has reformer classes.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

BTW, I've gotten some good workouts this winter shoveling the cr@pload of snow we've gotten this year! lol
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast