Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Still going strong with C25K to prep for a 10K. We're also big on walks and I make sure to get at least my 10,000 steps on my fitbit each day. My run days make that much easier!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Interesting. I did not know they had non-reformer pilates. My studio only has reformer classes.
    most pilates centers i've been too have both. i used to do reformer classes before i had kids and then a bit before DD. they are just so daggum pricey though (typically $75 for 1hr class). I guess the thing is most of the reformer stuff is private lesson so it's expensive.

i've mostly done mat pilates largely bc it's so much cheaper. my local yoga studio is basically $48 per month unlimited classes which translates to $4 a class if i go 3x a week.

I've been doing pretty well. My work gym closed down due to flooding, so I joined a real gym and it has encouraged me to add a weekend day to my routine. I was going to the gym 5 days a week and now I have been doing 6. I am on week 4 of C25K as well and I'm up to 2.44 miles in the workout, so feeling good there. The only negative is that today was supposed to be my 3rd run of the week but I hurt my foot and I have no idea how. The whole top of my foot is puffy and tender, and just showed up late in the day yesterday. It is less swollen today and only hurts if I push on the top of my foot, but I didn't want to run on it this morning. I still went to the gym though and did the bike instead of running and then did an intense lifting session to compensate for the lower cardio level (no matter how hard I pedaled, no matter how intense I set the hills, I could not get my heart rate over 125 bpm). I am going to do my 3rd run tomorrow, hopefully, and hopefully this foot thing will disappear as mysteriously as it arrived.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    most pilates centers i've been too have both. i used to do reformer classes before i had kids and then a bit before DD. they are just so daggum pricey though (typically $75 for 1hr class). I guess the thing is most of the reformer stuff is private lesson so it's expensive.

i've mostly done mat pilates largely bc it's so much cheaper. my local yoga studio is basically $48 per month unlimited classes which translates to $4 a class if i go 3x a week.
    Individual classes at my studio are pricey but group classes are much less ($25 pc), so that might be worth looking into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Mat Pilates is actually pretty decent. $4 vs $25 is a big swing. I've never tried Pilates w reformer. I'm sure it's great. But, the other is a nice workout and good results.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love reformer pilates. I was going 3x a week but I am down to 2x a week. My belly is getting in the way . I prepay and it's $15 a class in a HCOL area.

I haven't gotten any cardio in though this week. Everyone in my family had been sick which has thrown everything for a loop.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

ok i've given up trying to do the morning thing for now. 6:30am is early enough for me and i get anxiety over having to wake up early. i've been working out typically Mon, Wed Fri evenings after work and once on the weekend. the studio has added 6:15pm classes (in addition to 630) which is nice bc i get home earlier. also, the nice thing about evening workouts is that it's a great way to relieve the work stress from the whole day.

hope your foot is feeling better BabyBearsMom. it's annoying to get injured when you are training. i hope to get back into C25k once i get a bit stronger and have more workouts under my belt.

HipMama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Joining! I'm on day 8 of Barre3s 28 to great workout challenge. I'm loving it so far. I'm just doing the workout part, not the food plan.

Okay I don't know how y'all workout 2 days in a row! I've never been able to that regularly..even when I was training for a marathon and logged 20-25 miles a week for years. I would just be too sore the Next day after a workout.

Anyway wed night I did the hot pilates class and then last night I did the easier version of hot yoga class. This class is normally super easy for me but I felt like i was dying last night! I got home and conked out at 1030 which is unheard of for me. Wondering if I just am not cut out to work out more than 3-4x a week!

I only worked out yesterday bc I had to be at work early this morning and then around lunch I am going home to pack for a road trip after. We will be staying at the ils and wont be getting back till Sun night so I didnt want 4 days without being to workout. But dang I feel exhausted now!! My yoga studio has a 60 day challenge where you do 5 classes a week for 9 weeks. If u complete it you get 5 free passes plus some other perks. I still cant imagine doing it though! I do think these classes are on the intense side.

I got my 4 in this week and will get another in tomorrow w/ DH. Very proud of myself for doing it with all the weather issues this week. I decided to try on my too snug red cords for Vday today and they fit and are actually a bit loose.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast