Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    I got my 4 in this week and will get another in tomorrow w/ DH. Very proud of myself for doing it with all the weather issues this week. I decided to try on my too snug red cords for Vday today and they fit and are actually a bit loose.
    yay, isn't that the best feeling!!!! congrats!!

i too had something similar last week. i really wanted a new pair of Bettona Dipper pants (i have 3 pairs and i use them all the time for work bc they are abrasion restistant and don't snag on anything). I really wanted a black pair as all the ones i have are light-colored. They are normally $79 though (eek). I saw they were on sale for $59, and i even had a $10 reward card but still, too pricey. So i went on ebay and someone was selling a black pair of dipper pants but one size smaller than the other ones i had. I decided to take a chance and put in a bid. I won the item, and even with shipping etc in ended up being $23 total. When i got the pants they looked like they had never been worn. And, they actually fit!! A bit more snug than the other pants but not impossible.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I shoveled a little snow this morning after clearing my car ... and then again after taking DD to school. I'm a little OCD about keeping our street's storm drains clear when the temp creeps upwards like it did today - it's a balmy 33F!

Anyway, I've been stuck inside with a nasty cold, so most workouts have kind of been tabled until I feel well.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Pilates is kicking my butt! I go every Saturday morning at 8. Between pilates (reformer kind), the elliptical, walking to work and doing nutrisystem, I've already lost 7 pounds in a month and a half!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Pilates is kicking my butt! I go every Saturday morning at 8. Between pilates (reformer kind), the elliptical, walking to work and doing nutrisystem, I've already lost 7 pounds in a month and a half!
    That is awesome!!!!

I'm still working diligently on my c25k. Today was hard. I had a stomach bug on Thursday, took Friday off to recover and did a 20 min straight run today and it was really really hard. I did Insanity on Thursday (pre stomach bug) so I didn't have to miss a work out during the snow and that kicked my behind.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

HipMama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm on day 20 of the barre3 28 day workout schedule. I am so happy I've stuck to it this long! I haven't changed my eating habits but I think I need to. I've lost a few inches and can definitely tell I've been working out but I still have fat I'd love to make disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by HipMama View Post
    I'm on day 20 of the barre3 28 day workout schedule. I am so happy I've stuck to it this long! I haven't changed my eating habits but I think I need to. I've lost a few inches and can definitely tell I've been working out but I still have fat I'd love to make disappear.
    oh yay, well done!!!

iv'e still been working out 3-4 days a week. my tummy feels much tighter now but i still have a ways to go! since i'm already at target wt i want to be able to wear a 2-pc this summer (i've never worn one post-kids).

i haven't really been dieting but we haven't been eating out much at all...i have been bringing my lunch every day and eating dinner at home every day of the week. helps save $$ but it probably also healthier too!! for me the sodium is probably the biggest issue...certain restaurant foods make me SO bloated and give me a headache later bc of all the salt.

yesterday in yoga class (which was very abs-focused we had to do 3 sets of crunches (32 each) and i was able to complete ALL of them without taking a break! when i first started i couldn't even do half of them without taking multiple breaks. it's amazing to see what te body can accomplish with some training!!.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 02-24-2014 at 11:30 AM.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't wait for warmer weather and sunshine so I can be more inspired to work out. I've been sticking with at least 2 workouts a week, but really want to get back to 3-4. I'm following Drop Two Sizes, which I completed last summer and am doing a second time. I'm almost done, though! Not trying to drop any more sizes, just want to maintain and heal from an injury a few months ago. I like to work out at 4 or 5pm, and it's been HARD doing it in the dark! I like to look out the window and see sunshine.

^ oh yeah cold snap here too :S though i guess thats why i love the yoga studio i go to..they heat the rooms to 85-98 degrees! so it does seem encouraging to go to a nice warm room when it's literally freezing outside here!! but yes, i do miss running outside. i haven't attempted it yet sinc ei want to gain a ton of strength first so i don't get re-injured.

anyway, today i weighed myself and shockingly, i'm 3 lbs below my pre-preg weight! this morning i tried on some pants i haven't been able to wear in like 5 years and they actually fit for the first time!! i'm wearing them now it's almost like being able to go shopping and get new clothes again, LOL!! i think the pilates and core classes have really been helping. i missed out on Monday since DH was OOT but will be doing Pilates after work tonite.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Took advantage of warm weather on Sat. and had a nice run outside. Good thing I did a Sat. exercise (I usually only exercise during the week) b/c ds2 was sick Sun., Mon and Tues.. I am way too unmotivated to workout at home. Got back today and had a good workout. 40 min cardio, 20 min weight lifting. I'll probably reverse that tomorrow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3