Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: MZ Wallace Bags

Just ordered the black belle as my 40th birthday present.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I thought I would update as a new MZ Wallace conver -- I got the Jane in a red-ish color (technically Berry I think) in early March.
    Well, I love it. I really adore the organization features in it -- I can always find my keys (one of the small front pockets), my iphone (the other small front pocket), my card-key for the parking garage, my wallet and reading glasses and sunglasses. It really shows how horribly disorganized my other purse was, as I am usually searching for these things while driving. The one thing that I am a little less crazy about are the shoulder straps (double rolled leather) but I think the reason I am not crazy about them honestly is that I used the bag in NYC where I was walking and pushing a 7 year old in a Maclaren umbrella stroller (7 year old had pneumonia so pediatrician said no long walks since it had just been a few days from diagnosis). The stroller was too low for me, the city traffic (cars and pedestrians) were a little shocking for me (we literally left the day my DD got out of the hospital, so I hadn't slept well for 3 nights). The straps on the purse were always falling off my shoulders, but in hindsight, I was in permanent slump.

The color of the purse is gorgous though is probably more of a fall/winter color so I am thinking of getting a lighter colored purse this summer - and am thinking about the Haley (or other similar one strap version) still with all the pockets, maybe cross style. Am hoping to make myself wait for a sale.... so let's keep these threads alive to see if anyone knows of the sale first

There should be an Easter sale over Easter weekend. It's an "egg hunt" and you have to watch the site and click on eggs for various discounts. I keep feeling like that's so far away, but it's less than a month so I think I can hold out. Plus...tangerine and emerald bags should be released next week and that's really more fun for summer than the various shades of gray the have out now!

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    There should be an Easter sale over Easter weekend. It's an "egg hunt" and you have to watch the site and click on eggs for various discounts. I keep feeling like that's so far away, but it's less than a month so I think I can hold out. Plus...tangerine and emerald bags should be released next week and that's really more fun for summer than the various shades of gray the have out now!
    Your post convinced me -- I didn't realize that the tangerine and emerald would be released next week. I am trying to decde beween a baby jane, a regular jane, and a paige or mia. I originally thought about a hayley but I have read some strap complaints, and also that the zipper didn't open across the full length of the bag (in the jane, the zipper comes down the side a little bit on each side, which is so helpful being able to really open the bag wide). Any advice on that? I would love to know which bags the two new colors are coming out in - I really do love my current Jane but it isn't a spring/summer color. I need to show restraint for the eggs... do most people get something like 10% off or is there more to be had?

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am sorry to threadcrap but wanted to chime in and say that I finally checked out MZ Wallace at my local Nordies. I loved the bags but couldn't get over how much like diaper bags they looked (I was looking at the Jane and Belle). Anyway, so, I won't be using a $50 GC I recently got from them. It's good towards a $250 purchase. It's one time use but I assume it can be used by someone else so if you want to give it a try, please PM me.

ETA that the GC has been taken.
    Last edited by iaam; 03-26-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisysmom View Post
    Your post convinced me -- I didn't realize that the tangerine and emerald would be released next week. I am trying to decde beween a baby jane, a regular jane, and a paige or mia. I originally thought about a hayley but I have read some strap complaints, and also that the zipper didn't open across the full length of the bag (in the jane, the zipper comes down the side a little bit on each side, which is so helpful being able to really open the bag wide). Any advice on that? I would love to know which bags the two new colors are coming out in - I really do love my current Jane but it isn't a spring/summer color. I need to show restraint for the eggs... do most people get something like 10% off or is there more to be had?
    I agree that the Hayley strap falls off my shoulder, while my Jane straps do not (except when pulling two rolling bags and watching three kids while stepping on an airport tram). I also have a hard time jamming my 13 inch Macbook into my Hayley if I have other stuff in there. I think my favorite bag would be a baby version of the Belle for my every day bag. Jane straps with a cross body strap for travel, tons of pockets, etc. Check out the Belle though. It is really awesome.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4