Default is this typical-2 weeks for report from testing?

DS finished his psych testing (I gather a full psych eval with IQ testing plus she had DH and I fill in a 3 pg questionaire each) with a psychologist last week (took 2.5+ hours over 2 sessions-1.5 hours the first day and 1 hour the next day). So we had an apt for the next week (this tues) and I was so excited to be finally done with this and get some answers and then I was told that the psych takes 2 weeks to create the report. So our next apt isnt until 2/20 (which is actually 3 weeks but I digress). Is this typical? DS' behavior and school work is going from bad to worse, probably not helped by the plethera of school closings and delays and early dismissals we've had and we also took away minecraft because he was totally fixated on it and cut back the tv time. He is refusing to do any work at school for the teacher, he refused to go to reading group today, he is pretty much a crying angry mess at home... I need answers! Or we are all going to go crazy....
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

I'm sorry that your son is struggling so much! 2 weeks, however, is VERY quick turnaround for psychological reports, in my experience, and I am a psychologist. I've seen private evaluators take a couple of months for the report after the testing was completed.
    DD '06
    DD '14

OK, thanks! I work in a hospital setting so I'm used to the psych emergency team doing an eval with a report immediately! I'm glad it isn't a couple month thing here! Or honestly I would be thinking about pulling him out of school... it's that bad
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I agree that 2 weeks would be really fast. It did take 4 weeks to get older DD's report.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That is fast. When we did ours it took a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'll go with 2-3 weeks being typical. I have had everything from same day to 4+ weeks.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)