Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Thanks for the Cerave rec! Now, recommend moisturizer for normal/oily skin

Thank you thank you thank you to all who recommended Cerave! It was on sale last week at Target, and on a whim, I picked up a bottle of the foaming cleanser. Wow. What a difference! In just a week, my skin has calmed down and at least 70% of the redness has disappeared. Wow.

Now, I'd love recommendations for moisturizers, especially those for normal/oily skin. Bonus points if I can buy it at Target!

--Jennifer

I use the Cerave am moisturizer in the morning and Cerave cream in the tub at night. Love, love, love Cerave!
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use crave a.m. And p.m. Versions. Love love love them both.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I visited a dermatologist who pushed cerave. If it matters to you, it does contain propylparaben which is an estrogen disruptor (studies have found it accumulated in breast cancer tumors) and methylparaben which may react with the sun and lead to skin aging/damage. The Neutrogena that I use contains them as well, but I won't bother switching unless I find something else that doesn't contain those things. (Aveda, Josie Maran, Korres, and Origins products are paraben free but I'd like a less expensive option).
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well this was an eye opener! I had no idea that parabens could be so dangerous and I need all of the estrogen left that my body makes (early menopause for all the women in my family) as well as a lowered cancer risk (breast cancer in maternal grandmother and aunt). With some checking I found out that one of the soaps we already use for hand soap is paraben free and that they have a nice looking skin care line. Avalon Organics is the name of our soap--has anyone tried any of the skin care? http://www.avalonorganics.com/?title=Skin+Care

ETA: From the looks of Avalon Organics it's pretty reasonable, especially when compared to the cost of Aveda. Less than $13 for cleanser compared to Aveda's $35 price tag...

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I try to avoid all the parabens and such. I recently bought Acure sensitive skin cleanser and moisturizer. Love it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BTYPW5E

I like Avalon organics for hand soap and body lotion but have not liked their face products. I have sensitive skin with combination skin (oily in t zone, dry on outside areas).

If you want Paraben free and a reasonably priced product that is sold at Target, maybe you should try the Yes to Carrots moisturizer. I admit that I have never tried it, but I know that Yes to products get much BBB love around here.

The company web site is offering a coupon: http://www.yestocarrots.com/instorecoupon.html

Quote Originally Posted by etwahl View Post
    I have sensitive skin with combination skin (oily in t zone, dry on outside areas).
    Oh, that is me exactly!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've been quite happy with the Yes to Cucumbers calming night cream, if you can get past the scent. I have very combo skin. It's both very dry and very oily.

I just pulled the trigger on Yes to Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment and Deep Wrinkle Night Cream along with the Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub and NOW Solutions Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer AM Fine Line Smoothing and Repair Cream. The Yes to Blueberries with SPF didn't get very good reviews (said it was white, thick, and some even said blueish). One review referenced the NOW cream and the reviews on that were pretty good. I can't believe how much stuff parabens are in!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast