Default recommendations for large and small diaper bag?

Hi All,

Baby Bargains recommends getting a large and small diaper bag. I am choosing things for the registry, and I chose the Diaper Dude Diaper Bag for our large bag. Do people have any recommendations for a small bag? And/or do people feel strongly that the Diaper Dude Diaper Bag is a bad choice for the large bag?

Thanks!

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hmm, it's been a while since I read the Baby Bargains book, but I looked at my notes and it says to have "a full-size, all-option" bag for longer trips and a "mini-bag" for a short trip to dinner or the mall. Reading the descriptions, there's no way I could ever travel with just a mini-bag, ha! A large part of that is because we used cloth diapers and there's no getting around how fluffy they are! But if you're looking for something more portable, the few times we had to use disposables, I liked both the Skip Hop Pronto and the JuJuBe BeQuick. My SIL likes hers by BRICA: http://www.amazon.com/Brica-64013-BR...dp/B006P05S0Q/.

The BeQuick is probably my favorite. It was super easy to grab and go. In it I had:
    - several disposable diapers
    - a disposable changing pad
    - diaper cream
    - and hand sanitizer (the kind I used is discontinued, but this is similar).

For my newborn, I also wouldn't leave the house without my nursing cover (Bebe Au Lait) and several burp cloths (Gerber Prefold Cloth Diapers).

ETA: And wipes!! I forgot to list wipes for my BeQuick, oops!
    Last edited by jam224; 02-09-2014 at 07:29 PM.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

For your small bag you may just want to consider throwing a nursing cover or a bottle and some dipes and a small pack of wipes into your purse (and a spare outfit when your LO is small).

My experience is as a new mom we tend to over pack and than never really use the things that are in the bag.

We use our big diaper bag when we go out all day, but for smaller outings, (the mall, the store, the park, etc) I just take my purse with the above in it.

Welcome to the Boards!
    Last edited by ArizonaGirl; 02-09-2014 at 10:32 PM.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I use a Be Quick like people mentioned and either stash it in a regular purse or clip it to the stroller. Dh also uses it for outings. I carry a few diapers, disposable changing pad and wipes with a plastic disposable grocery bag in the pocket in case I need to carry wet clothes. For newborns I also carried a cotton sleeper in case of blowouts.

I always keep a stash of diapers, wipes and spare clothes in the car just in case or to refill the small bag during longer outings.

You might also look at the Overland Donner or Rei Tranquility bags if you want something with space for a sippy cup or water bottle and snacks.

I use my Marc Jacobs diaper bag when I need to pack more thing or will be out for most of the day.
    If I was just going grocery shopping, I use the skip hop cross the body diaper clutch, it hold wet naps, couple of diapers, my huge ass wallet, keys and cell phone.
    DS born 1/20/13
    DD due 11/3/15