Default traveling gear - hook on or booster chair? peapod traveling bed???

trying to decide between the Regalo Easy Diner or the Brica Fold n' Go for our up coming trip... any feedback???

Also, does anyone own a peapod or peapod plus traveling bed?
    DS born 1/20/13
    DD due 11/3/15

We have a peapod plus and we like it a lot. I just don't recommend it for kids under 18 months (I don't think it is firm enough for little babies). DD2 is just starting to use it and it works well for her, she will be 2 in April. I like that it is small and easy to travel with, and you can easily throw it in a suitcase. Plus it is lightweight. Kids are comfy in it. DD1 calls it the tunnel bed or the tent and thinks it is good fun to sleep in (she is pissed that she is sleeping in a bed and DD2 gets the "fun" bed now).

I use this seat for travel (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846) I was never comfortable with the hook on boosters.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a Peapod and need to get rid of it because my kids won't sleep in it. I agree with pp that it isn't well suited for infants and the previous recall just makes me nervous even with the recall kit.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I use this seat for travel (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846) I was never comfortable with the hook on boosters.
    I use this one too for driving trips. For plane travel we've luckily been able to borrow a chair or booster at our destination.

Is the new peapod plus the revamped version after the recall situation?
    DS born 1/20/13
    DD due 11/3/15

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wangstar View Post
    trying to decide between the Regalo Easy Diner or the Brica Fold n' Go for our up coming trip... any feedback???

Also, does anyone own a peapod or peapod plus traveling bed?
    I would go with the second chair for travel, because, some types of tables are not safe with the hook on chairs. that said, we have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Caddy-H...+on+high+chair

and love it. we use it for dd's every day chair at our kitchen table. i travel with it some, like if I know the place i'm going to and know it will fit. but never for restaurants, i just use their high chair.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Booster seat (surprisingly compact when all zipped up, I just wish we had found it sooner):
    http://amzn.com/B004GCJN6K

Portable crib:
    We have the Guava GoCrib, which is amazing if you can find one. The mattress is pack n play size, so lots of room for a toddler. It's incredible stable even if my 2.5yo climbs in/out, but we showed him how to use the zipper door instead for safety. I love that it's mesh all around down to the floor -- after the PeaPod recall, this was a non-negotiable for me. We first used it when DS was 6mo with no qualms. It's also nice that it isn't elevated off the floor -- on the off-chance that DS did climb out and fall, there's no extra height added unnecessarily.

If you can't get a GoCrib, you could consider the newer Guava Lotus or the Phil & Ted's Traveller. I haven't tried a PeaPod, but I suspect my son would not sleep in it the same way he does in his GoCrib or a pack n play, as the closed top would probably freak him out.

ETA: A little dated (some of the products have been changed, like P&T) but here's a helpful rundown of some options
    http://www.outsideonline.com/blog/ra...bs-tested.html
    Last edited by meljc; 02-26-2014 at 07:20 PM.

We used the same Chicco hook on that abh5e8 listed above. We loved it and took it everywhere! It was machine washable too and we never had issues, even in restaurants. Lots of people came up to us asking about it. I preferred it to restaurant hight chairs for a lot of reasons. It folded down pretty compact for easy travel.

We have a PeaPod Plus and love it for all the reasons BabyBearsMom mentioned. Light, easy to bring along, fits in our larger suitcase, DS loves it and sleeps well in it. I really have no complaints. We got it when he was 2 or 3, he is nearly 5 (and tall!) and still comfortable in it.