Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default What do disposable diapers cost these days?

I'm pricing out diapers for when the baby is born. I've done cloth for so long I don't know what prices are like for disposables.

Right now cloth costs me about 6 cents per diaper change (includes wipes).

How does buying in bulk compare with disposables? Recommended brands?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Katigre; 02-11-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

#4? Congrats!!!

I wouldn't stockpile until you know the brand fits and works well for you. I still use cloth and only have disposables on vacation, so limited experience. We prefer the "natural" types. I loved 7th Generation with my older kids, but they're scratchy and crisp now. WF's 365 brand is fine. We tried Babyganics (Target, not sure where else) on our last vacation and they're by far the best of the bunch. There was some deal for a GC with X purchase, so I grabbed a pack of NB for the upcoming baby. The price varies by size. In the Babyganics, you get 108 in size 2 down to 58 for size 6 for the same price ($28/box without sale or coupon but there always seems to be a sale plus 5% Red Card discount). I would not have the patience to chase deals down and would probably use Costco diapers if I needed to curtail expenses while using disposables full time.
    Last edited by BunnyBee; 02-11-2014 at 12:54 PM.

HipMama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I did cloth from NB-7m. DS is now 10m and we've been using disposables. I buy Earths Best diapers. I usually pay $0.30 ea for size 4. I don't like the chemical smell of most disposables. I CDd my DD from birth to PT. I haven't decided if I've "quit" for good or am just taking a long break.
    Last edited by HipMama; 02-11-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Congrats!
    I've had good luck with Huggies, Target brand, and Simply Right (Sam's Club).

We used huggies when the boys were little bitty because Simply right's smallest size is 3 (I thought it was 2 when my boys were little). Anyway, We get the Simply Right dipes now and they cost about $0.15/ea for Size 3, $0.17 ea for Size 4.

What I love about getting my diapers/wipes from Sam's is that they have a deal where you can order the dipes/wipes online and have them delivered to your door...no shipping fee. So for me this is awesome. My understanding is that it is the deal for all baby items...but I've only done dipes & wipes.

Oh, we also have great luck with Huggies overnites once they are bigger and wetting more through the night. The best deal I've found is Walmart.
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congrats! Baby cheapskate does a weekly roundup of online and in store diapers and wipes prices. http://www.babycheapskate.com/catego...-deals/tdfdow/

I cloth diapered for years and am now on an extended break, need to get back into it. It's significantly cheaper after your initial investment. I like Huggies snug and dry , Kirkland (costco) and target store brand the best. Pampers and luvs give ds rashes. I'm due for another trial and error of the less conventional brands again. I used to use seventh Gen but didn't like our most recent box.
    Last edited by mikala; 02-11-2014 at 02:26 PM.