Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Missed period but not pregnant

I am 43 and just had my first missed period. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I don't feel pregnant at all, and my DH had a vascectomy, so pregnancy is ruled out. I had a bit of spotting and cramping one day, then nothing. I am very regular, with 5-7 days of heavy bleeding, so this is very abnormal. Do I need to go to the doctor? Am I in perimenopause? Is there any testing I should do?

logan's mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

How many days late are you? Any other changes?- extreme stress/diet changes?

jench is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

How many days has it been? I'm about the same age, and in the last year I have had that happen every so often - but then get a regular period after 3-4 days of nothing/spotting. I haven't been to the Dr. yet to get an official answer, but from what I've read, it's probably perimenopause. (The first couple times were scary though I admit!!!)

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am 8 days late. I have bumped up my exercise to a more intense level, but nothing over 90 minutes 3 times a week. It has been a gradual increase, so nothing really extreme. I'm trying to lose weight, but it's slow going. I don't have any more stress than the usual mom stuff! I think I will call my OB/Gyn nurse to see what she says.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sounds like it could be perimenopause, I just read an article about it yesterday and skipping periods was a symptom.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12